Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Conditioning Lowest Temerature?

I have a Gs300 MkII, 112,000mile. Always lexus serviced. I have noticed that the air con will not go below 16 degrees, is this normal?.

On another topic, Its just gone in for its annual 10,000 mile service -£340

i have been advised the radiator is leaking, a replacement is £450 approx, also rear discs need replacing another £375, I ahve agreed to the rad being done by Lexus, but I am sure i can get the discs changed cheaper by a local mechanic who knows his business, is this wise?

I love the car and will buy another when this one goes to the scrapyard in the sky.

Hi, as far as I can remember my GS300 air con only went down to 16 degrees and my 450h defiantly only goes down to 16 degrees, so yes I would say that is normal.

As for your disc replacement I would say your local mechanic would do just as good a job, perhaps if your car was under a Lexus warranty it would be a different matter, you seem to have your services at Lexus so you service record book is all stamped up witch will be a good selling point if you ever decided to sell it.

If it was me I think I would get him to use genuine Lexus parts, just to avoid any other possible problems accruing.

Chris

I have a Gs300 MkII, 112,000mile. Always lexus serviced. I have noticed that the air con will not go below 16 degrees, is this normal?.

On another topic, Its just gone in for its annual 10,000 mile service -£340

i have been advised the radiator is leaking, a replacement is £450 approx, also rear discs need replacing another £375, I ahve agreed to the rad being done by Lexus, but I am sure i can get the discs changed cheaper by a local mechanic who knows his business, is this wise?

I love the car and will buy another when this one goes to the scrapyard in the sky.

16 C is normal. Regarding your brakes, since you say you have a Mk 2 Gs then Lexus dealers should be charging under their Fixed Price plan which applies to cars over 5yrs old. For rear discs/pads this is £250 for 01/04 models. It may be that you will need to request that they do it under their Essential Care package. Servicing is also cheaper under Essential Care.

you can get third party discs for around £50 each and I would have thought a local mechanic would change them for around £60, not a difficult job for somebody with even a little experience.

Some auto centres operated on fixed prices. For example mr clutch would charge £175 for rear discs and pads.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links