Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How Will The Ecu React With A Exhaust And Filter Swap?

DaveyCH

Right so iv fitted a pipercross panel filter, De-cat manifold, 300 cell sports cat downpipe and a stainless 4" cat back. I have heard this can reduce power as the ecu is not tuned for this type of stuff, is this true? my Engine Management light has not come on as of yet. i have been looking at this on Tdi http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/hks-afr-p-4093.html?osCsid=d4fb4b022f784f21edcc71c624e54fd1 will this help?

also this http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/simulator-needed-when-removed-p-4095.html?osCsid=d4fb4b022f784f21edcc71c624e54fd1

any help off someone who has had experience in this area would be much appreciated, cheers lads.

I'm no expert but gather from reading other posts that if you pull the EFI fuse for several minutes then reconnect, the ECU memory will be erased and it will then relearn the engine parameters with the new kit fitted and adapt accordingly.

The ECU will quickly adapt to the overall effect of all your modifications, particularly after the suggested reset - because sadly they can never have much effect on performance whatever people try to claim. The sort of performance gain (or just possibly performance loss) is in the same league as shutting the driver's window if you had been driving with it open. Yes, they would all improve breathing except that the OEM bits breathe so much better than is necessary that freer breathing can't add anything much. It isn't like doing much the same to an old Mini which had an ancient design and the manufacturers simply hadn't really bothered so they could use up all their old bits. To get efficieny and hence emissions within a sensible range meant that Lexus has already done all that is necessary in terms of breathing and if these nick-nacks had been any advantage they would have easily spotted it and adopted them at no extra cost. They don't use any New or Patented technology. What you have gained is the satisfaction of doing the jobs and making sure everything is in good order in the process - plus maybe a nicer-sounding exhaust note & a nice look to under the bonnet.

yep reset the ecu by pulling the ETCS & EFI fuses for a minute they are in the fusebox in the engine bay by the Battery, it might idle rough for a few minutes but will learn the best setting for itsself.

also if you want an O2 simulater get in touch with Sparkystav he make them for around £40.

cheers lads, well i hate the back box its coming straight off and the original going back on saturday. its sounds like a **** subaru i hate it, plus it sticks out quite abit from the bumber and looks like a space cannon. keeping the manifold, downpipe and mid section tho. had to weld a new sensor hole on the manifold as the original was catching on the wheel arch wall and had to weld a sensor hole on the mid section as there wasnt one there at all! anyone recomend a decent backbox that has no cabin drone at cruise but sounds sweet when u put your foot down?

• 5 weeks later...

would it not be easier to disconnect the negative on the car Battery for 10mins to reset it for sure then re-connect and take it for a spin for it to adapt to your driving? That is what you for the celica 190 and Corolla T-sport, thought the Lexus would be the same?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links