Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Is200 Or Toyota Rs200

flex21

Hi all,

After a year out im returning to the club! I have had a merc the last year and still miss the lexus so am planning on another purchase as i have sold the merc.

But my question is Lexus IS200 or Toyota Altezza RS200.

What are the cons to a R200?

Tax?mpg?insureance?repair/service charge?parts?

Would love your input to persuade me either way.

Thanks

I don't know many facts such as mpg or BHP figures but my mate has an Altezza import and I much prefer my IS200 Sport as does he!

There are no comforts in the altezza such as no electric heated seats, no electric heated mirrors, wind down windows in the back, no A/C, no leather, and his stereo is rubbish. I even think the IS with the TTE or TRD kit looks better as well.

However his altezza is much quicker. I can't keep up with it however hard I try!

two options if you still need your comfort and toys then either supercharge the 200 to around 220bhp but that involves money or just get IS300 210bhp and more drivable torque than the RS200 in low to mid range pull. people say its automatic and get put off but am not missing a manual since i got mine and it does not hunt around for gears either and when it kicks down if falls right into the right gear. oh and you can also drive it like a manual when in the mood (F1 style)...

Ha that's the question! Easy one for me, comforts every time. The IS is quick enough for me. It'll overtake nice and rapid changing down to 3rd at 60mph and will sit comfortably and in total refinement at 120 mph. It just doesn't fill you with confidence at the lights!

I've owned fast cars but for me now it's getting from A to B in comfort. I like my heated seats in the winter and I can't live without A/C anymore! And the stereo is fantastic :)

am guessing mainly eBay or could be ordered via Toyota dealerships but these cars hardly brake parts unless really neglected by current or previous owner thats when they will need something big replacing. Toyota/Lexus parts are NOT cheap as I found out. how does £460 sound for an electric wing mirror??

RS200s have better fuel economy, as they are considerably lighter, so long as you aren't revving that glorious BEAMS up to 9,000! About 35mpg, from what I've heard, which is pretty decent. Insurance is more expensive, I pay just over £300 on my Sportcross, Altezza was £250 more. Maybe an IS300 is a better bet than either? Most of the pros from both choices.

depends on your right foot as i can extract 33mpg on combined motorway and town driving from the IS3 but the book says 26mpg and this weighs 1500kg which is heavier than both IS200 or RS200 and its automatic aswell so as you can see driven sensibly it can achieve 1.8 litre car figures. and this is not from driving like a granny either!! I use Castrol magnatec 5w30 and run Esso(Mobil) 97RON fuel maybe that mite be contributing to this....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links