Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

haven't posted anything in a few months work family issues house break in ( didn't steal much as wife walked in but stole 2 sets of keys causing a nightmare, if anyone knows how to program new keys please help i have tried the normal brake pedal dance and open door method even followed lexus manual and nothing. Programmed the remote locking but cannot program new key or even enter programming mode also has anyone tried the smart key makers they sell on eBay that you just plug in the ODB2 port. From what i have seen they got a hold of a lexus handheld tool and found a hack.

Anyway blabbing on as normal, i think one of my last posts was asking about where to get a stainless exhaust for my 430. Got a few quotes wasn't happy with the price so tried ordering from america but the one trader want to rip me off for postage when he would sell the separate parts to make full system together for 100 less postage all added up to sending it in one package. Anyway finally took the advice and went to MIJ performance in wallsaw M6, went for a cat back system mid performance as i don't want to quiet or too loud.

Have to say anyone with a GS,LS or SC 430 go to them and get a custom system made for 550 i now have an american muscle car that burbles and growls and then is almost silent on the motorway. Comes with the lifetime warranty and top class service, had 2 guys working together for 4 hours to make something that looks like it was made in the factory. I asked for a stock look with a hidden growl and thats exactly what they gave me. Anyone that is interested may put up a video of the exhaust idling ect. I know that sounds very childish but if the americans can spend hours on youtube so can we.

That looks and sounds good!

More pics and another video would be great. With your car being a V8, it sounds lovely :)

I am thinking about a custom for my GS300, but not sure on the type of sound I want to go for.. Is yours quiet whilst plodding along as on the revs it sounds a little loud

My exhaust burbles low revs and as you floor it it's not that loud over stock. Sound of the engine takes over and cant hear it too much. That was sound I wanted to have that burble but not be stupidly loud like boyracer when you give it the beans

Thankfully don't think it's loud enough to annoy neighbours. That member stated had decats 3 on the v8 and SS manifolds which off reading us forums makes the beast come out the engine. The exhaust is not as loud as next doors CBR 600 bike or other neighbours Fto. On plus side I always forget to buy bread so could come in handy do have little on men buy it and throw it on my drive

well they do 3 standard sounds stock mid sport and full sport, i went for a more midsport but you can add to that. so your first 3 options are just a guide then any special requests they can fit in. For me i did my research have seen the different exhaust systems offered from 300 but when searching these companies they did not have the best reviews. So i looked at youtube videos and other car forums and liked what i saw. For me it was when i found a video on youtube of an audi s8 which had a 4.2 V8, i know all engines are different but gave me a starting point. the exhaust they made was the exact sound i wanted slight grumble on idle then on small revs of the engine it turns into american muscle car.

as a review of the company i phoned them monday they got me in two days later, greeted shown the setup and then had lovely sports seats to sit on for the waiting time. 40p coffee machine rare these days, coffee always tastes better at garages not at these fancy coffee shops. i mean it was all so easy car looks and sounds great, had great service and enjoyable morning plus for me they had a nissan skyline engine and 4 very nice XJR alloys at the reception.

Thanks for your informative reply Jamie. It will help me decide the sound I'm looking for from my straight six. It won't sound nothing like a V8 of course ;)

You definitely need to get more pics in when you get a moment

if the weather stays good tomorrow i will get a few more photos was in the sainsburys car park when took those wife wasnt to happy as she wanted to load the care. Next on my list is to plastic dip my alloys matte black to contrast the gold paint on bodty and calipers

ive just had a cat back system done on my gs 300 mk2 , i had it done by tony banks exhausts in leeds sounds and looks great and was only £300 quid all in , its a quiet setup but is louder/meatier than the stock exhaust and has a nice burble at low revs.

cant reccomend the guys enough quality service

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Addz, I had a cat back exhaust from MIJ for my GS300. At the moment the jury is out as to whether i like it or not. I had the stock set up as i am past being a boy racer but i was looking for a bit of noise when i put my foot down. When i start it up in the garage it sounds great and then i can hardly hear anything other than a sort of rumble which to be honest is giving me a bit of a headache. Then when i put my foot down it sounds more like a wasp in a jamjar. Certainly doesn't sound like a 3 Litre V6 in my opinion. Perhaps i was expecting too much and i may get used to it. If i don't i'm sure the scrap man will love my exhaust!

I have only ever heard good things about MIJ and i thought £495 was a decent price. It's a long drive from Surrey to Walsall though if you want it done there. As they say on the investor forums, DYOR (do your own research). Good luck

Hi Malcolm, thanks for your input.

It's a shame you don't enjoy the sound of your newly fitting exhaust - perhaps after a little while it will grow into you? A wasp in a jamjar, oh dear, I don't like the sound of that - reminds me of a Honda civic.

If you want a change in sound, possibly you can get the back box changed for a different sound surely, I hope. It is quite a trek to be fair from Surrey, may search for someone more local

sorry to hear about that i cant comment too much as i have the V8 have you tried adding induction v6 engines i have always found hard to balance the sound my 3.0 V6 honda accord import roared with just an induction kit. can you hear the VTEC

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links