Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ignition Wiring

Could sameness help.

My car doesn't have an alarm at the moment just the immobiliser which has a flashing LED on the dash. I would like to for the meantime and a fake car alarm LED till I source an alarm out.

My question is I want to run it of the ignition to flash when the key is removed, I can only seem to get it to flash when the key is at ACC, I know which wire is the poss + but where is best to place the neg - for this to work when the key is removed??

Your help is grateful

If you already have a flashing LED for the immobiliser why do you need to fit another dummy LED for the non functioning alarm?

Anyone passing will see an LED flashing whether it has one or two makes no difference.

If you do still fit one where you put the neg - doesn't matter, anywhere which is grounded/chassis.

There is no +ve supply which will come on with the key removed the only option is to connect to a constant 12V supply.

This would mean the LED would flash all the time even when driving but you could fit a switch to turn it off when doing so.

hi the negative wire can be wired into the ignition warning light negative wire as this wire becomes a positive when the car is running

Sorry but if you connect the negative LED wire to a positive supply and the positive wire to positive it won't work.

if you wire the positive to a permanent live and the negative to the warning light wire from the back of the alternator this will make the LED come on with the ignition off but go off when you start the engine as this wire is a negative with the engine not running but turns to a positive when the engines running

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links