Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Selling A Car

just wondered if any cars do get sold via the Lexus Classifieds. When I look at that particular section, there are lots of views recorded but not many replies.

I have tried Autotrader without any joy. Anyone got any ideas? I would prefer to sell mine privately as the P/X figures are uninspiring!

Ebay classified seems to be favourite at the moment.

helo mikeyv, yes I've spotted a few for sale on there and did wonder whether or not to give it a go, I might just have a gander again. I'm always a bit concerned as to what sort of response I might get, but then i can always take it off again.

Ebay classified seems to be favourite at the moment.

helo mikeyv, yes I've spotted a few for sale on there and did wonder whether or not to give it a go, I might just have a gander again. I'm always a bit concerned as to what sort of response I might get, but then i can always take it off again.

Let us know how it goes. I havent ever used eBay to buy or sell but may be selling mine soon so be interesting to find out if it is ok/safe for selling cars.

I've bought about ten or so vehicles via eBay, including the two I currently own, and never had a problem, but I have bought a lot of cars in my life from many sources, so like to think I can smell a wrong un by now.

In fairness , there are plenty of chancers on eBay, but as long as you take the normal precautions when selling you should be fine, and classified format doesn't allow idiots to spoil your sale, unlike the auction and buy it now options.

I've bought about ten or so vehicles via ebay, including the two I currently own, and never had a problem, but I have bought a lot of cars in my life from many sources, so like to think I can smell a wrong un by now.

In fairness , there are plenty of chancers on ebay, but as long as you take the normal precautions when selling you should be fine, and classified format doesn't allow idiots to spoil your sale, unlike the auction and buy it now options.

Thanks again mikeyv, I think that I will give it a go today, who knows, I might just strike it lucky.

I've bought about ten or so vehicles via ebay, including the two I currently own, and never had a problem, but I have bought a lot of cars in my life from many sources, so like to think I can smell a wrong un by now.

In fairness , there are plenty of chancers on ebay, but as long as you take the normal precautions when selling you should be fine, and classified format doesn't allow idiots to spoil your sale, unlike the auction and buy it now options.

Thanks again mikeyv, I think that I will give it a go today, who knows, I might just strike it lucky.

You're welcome, hope the sale goes well.

I've sold three cars via ebay classifieds, very good place to advertise I'd say

Thank you for your input. What sort of money were you selling your cars at? I have sold most of my cars privately in the past but they were all at the lower end of the market, i.e. probably less than £2000.00 whereas I am now trying to sell at nearer to £10000.00 and I don't think that is so easy. It would be nice if you came back to me to tell me that yours were higher value cars, this would give me a lot more confidence.

Thank you for your input. What sort of money were you selling your cars at? I have sold most of my cars privately in the past but they were all at the lower end of the market, i.e. probably less than £2000.00 whereas I am now trying to sell at nearer to £10000.00 and I don't think that is so easy. It would be nice if you came back to me to tell me that yours were higher value cars, this would give me a lot more confidence.

Not that high value unfortunately, all under £3k. It's still definitely worth a punt though I'd say as it'll cost you between £15-20 to place a decent ad for a month and mine all sold within that time. One even sold within two days, although it was only a rusty M reg corsa for a couple of hundred quid. One thing though is that I have a fairly accomplished eBay account with a 100% feedback rating, if your a brand new member selling for the first time it might have an impact on attracting potential buyers.

Not that high value unfortunately, all under £3k. It's still definitely worth a punt though I'd say as it'll cost you between £15-20 to place a decent ad for a month and mine all sold within that time. One even sold within two days, although it was only a rusty M reg corsa for a couple of hundred quid. One thing though is that I have a fairly accomplished eBay account with a 100% feedback rating, if your a brand new member selling for the first time it might have an impact on attracting potential buyers.

Hi again, thanks for coming back to me again. I'm not a prolific user of eBay, I am currently showing a count of 82/83 I think it is,but I also have a 100% feedback score so hopefully this might work in my favour. The cost to advertise is minimal at £14.99 and I have noticed that there has been 25 page views so far so the ad is getting looked at. Still got me fingers crossed!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links