Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Box Question

52LAZ

hi all.

finally become a member after buying my lexus almost 10 months ago, i not very good on computers so apol if this is in the wrong section.

i have a quick question which has been asked before im sure but just wanted some answers from you guys who have experiance with these cars.

when pulling away in my is200 auto with 45k on clock there is a whine in first gear and then totally disappears when it shifts to second, and then no more noise from there on in. when its been sat for say 9 hours when cold it clunks from park to drive.

AT oil looks redish, its certainly not black and no other probs.

always loved the IS, its a great car.

thanks in advance.

52laz

Thanks for the replys guys, no clunks once engaged just a whine, and when cold it ticks over at about 1350 for about 30 secs and then gradually drops to about 650rpm when warm, and theres no clunk when warm when moving the gear shifter, more of a tick, but nice to know its quite commo0n and causes no probs.

thanks guys,

Rich

I have an auto box - with 96k on it - it does whine in first gear only, think its just what it does. No clunking between shifts just a lurch forward if your foot is on the floor but less if the sports mode is on which seems to make it shift through the gears smoother. Fluid should be red.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links