Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Martin,

Sounds like the motor behind the mirror needs replacing, i had that with one of mine, asked the dealer to take out and lubricate, but, to no avail, had it changed under warranty, only took about 30 mins, no idea of the cost though.

Regards

Hello everyone,

I have small but annoying problem with mirrors.

After putting back from reverse they should come back to "memory" position - well they are not. Sometimes they are coming back half way, sometimes at all. Any ideas why?

Every now and then, the mirror on the passenger side stops tilting when I put the car in reverse. i took it back to the dealer to have it done under warranty but they couldn't find anything wrong with it and it was working fine when I picked it up. Last week it stopped working again so i thought that I would book it in again to have it looked at but guess what..............it has started working again now! If it goes again I think that I will give Exdee's theory a go to see if that will solve it.

Hi Martin,

Like i said earlier, i had all those issues, tried the jiggery pokery myself, worked for a day or two then gave up altogether. I'm no expert, but, i think it's the mirror motor.

If your dealer is not playing ball, phone Lexus Wolverhampton, they booked the call with Lexus UK and agreed within 15 minutes that it was a common fault with Lexus in general.

Type in "Dipping" in the search facility.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this whilst having a read with my coffee upon getting home from work. Ah the joys of reading/learning stuff when you get a newer car!

Page 82 of the owners manual - "The outside rear view mirors will automatically angle downwards when the vehicle is reversing to give a better view of the ground. However this function will not operate when the mirror select button is in the neutral position".

So selector needs to be moved to either Left or Right. I have just tried it and it definitely proves it is correct!!

Maybe it is inadvertantly left in neutral position from time to time. If you didn't know the above rule you would be none the wiser!!

Hey ho, only another 500 odd pages to go :shifty:

Move the mirrors from end to end both horizontally and vertically using the mirror adjustment button and then try it. This should fix it.

Top tip Exdee. My passenger side mirror was operating the dip in reverse intermittently, tried your suggestion and now it works perfectly. Well done!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links