Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello to you all, I have had a 1995 LS400 mark 3 for several years now, with hardly any problems, eccept that i get a knocking sound fron the front nearside wheel.. I have had it into several garages, but they say they can't find anything, also it has gone through several MOT's without any problems.. It has come to the point that i am now listening for it all the time (driving me nuts).. can anyone help, or even sort it for me, i will pay hansomely to get the job done.. I live in the boundaries of Scotland with England.. If anyone can help please phone me on 07785797007 or redply here.. Thank you. Roy.

Hello to you all, I have had a 1995 LS400 mark 3 for several years now, with hardly any problems, eccept that i get a knocking sound fron the front nearside wheel.. I have had it into several garages, but they say they can't find anything, also it has gone through several MOT's without any problems.. It has come to the point that i am now listening for it all the time (driving me nuts).. can anyone help, or even sort it for me, i will pay hansomely to get the job done.. I live in the boundaries of Scotland with England.. If anyone can help please phone me on 07785797007 or redply here.. Thank you. Roy.

Hi

It sounds like the upper arm ball joint .Probably not worn enough to fail the ticket and difficult to ascertain wear if the car is stood on its wheels without knowing the procedure for finding the problem.Jack the wheel off the ground, place a bar at the bottom of the wheel and lift and push in whilst at the same time holding the joint in your hand if it is worn you will feel it knocking .The joint we are talking about is the one at the middle of the upper wishbone that connects to the axle hub.

Hi, Thanks for that information....Antbody out there that would want to earn a few pounds and do the job for me...It would help me I'm disabled.. Any quiries please phone... 07785797007.. Cheers Roy.

If you were more local I would have offered my services.

Occasionally I do get a job up Scotland but when and where is the problem. If I am coming up in the next few weeks I will contact you.

Does the knocking go if you gently apply the brakes? Reason I ask is the brake caliper pins are notorious for knocking due to lack of grease and general wear and tear.

Hi, That would be of a great help, and also it would be nice to meet you. I hav'ent noticed if the noise goes less when slight braking, but hey i'm not the best at very much these days.. If you decide that you are coming up this way please let me know on 07785797007, and I will help you in any way that I can.. If you wish to ring me then please do so and I will ring you straight back to lessen any costs to you, and also to discuss what equipment and any other gear that may be needed.. Please don't hesitate to ring anytime.... Thank you Roy.

Mine will need replacing at some point but the car's gone through two MOTs with no advisories. It might be my imagination, but the faint clonk seems less audible when the car's been running for a few miles. Anyone else find the same?

Mine had the caliper pin knock recently so a regrease again sorted that problem, no knocks as such but when the car is cold I always have a suspension squeek when going over the road humps on my estate, coming back with a warmed up car it doesn't happen.

Still on the OEM rubber bushes not poly so don't know why this happens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Just to update this problem, I have today had fitted a new upper arm ball joint, and had the brake pads shoes greased as suggested, and it seems to have eased the problem...... so i would like to say THANK YOU to all those to helped me in this matter.. THANK YOU AGAIN...Roy.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links