Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cost Of New "normal" Battery

Hiya

I've decided it's time to put a new Battery on my 400h. Lexus have quoted me £130ish supplied and fitted, talking to some independants it would appear that it's not just a simple swap over, things have to be reprogammed and as I am a total learner at technical stuff there's no way I can be bothered to source one myself and fit it. Is £130ish a reasonable price from a main dealer?

Thanks

No, I would get the Bosch Battery which is much cheaper, 4 year warranty and has higher capacity (you can actually leave the vehicle for 2 weeks without the Battery going completely flat)

http://www.eurocarpa...94012e2d

Changing is a simple swap. There isn't anything different on the 400h compared to the 330/350 - you probably have to perform re-initilisation of the windows, power tailgate and sunroof. The owners manual has details of those procedures.

Thanks, Battery being delivered tomorrow, colleagues have suggested hooking the car up to an auxilliary Battery (which we have at work) while the batteries are swapped over thus keeping the car "switched on". This would then negate the re-programming mentioned. Is this a good idea? I have looked at the hand book and it doesn't seem to hard to sort out the windows and power tailgate. Nothing is mentioned however about the moon roof so hopefully it won't be affected.

Thanks, battery being delivered tomorrow, colleagues have suggested hooking the car up to an auxilliary battery (which we have at work) while the batteries are swapped over thus keeping the car "switched on". This would then negate the re-programming mentioned. Is this a good idea? I have looked at the hand book and it doesn't seem to hard to sort out the windows and power tailgate. Nothing is mentioned however about the moon roof so hopefully it won't be affected.

It's fine to do that provided you are careful with the +ve Battery cable and don't let it touch anything metal.

I know it is too late now, but I would have told you to buy an Optima YellowTop deep cycle Battery

http://www.wildlifef...CFUbMtAodrEYAKw

I have had no end of problems with replacement flat batteries with weak cells (under warranty) in my RX400h which also caused VSC and check hybrid syestem errors.

Fortunately I found I could clear them with my Scangauge!

It turns out that poor Lexus rubbish cheap (but expensive) batteries were causing them all those months and years and now life is wonderful!!!

It got to the point that if I left my key in the ignition switch for 20 mins or less, the Battery would be flat.

You definitely need a DEEP CYCLE Battery for a 400h and not one which is designed to provide high cranking curremt, since there is no starter motor and nothing to crank!!!!

Good luck!

Billy

You definitely need a DEEP CYCLE battery for a 400h and not one which is designed to provide high cranking curremt, since there is no starter motor and nothing to crank!!!!

You don't need one unless you are deep cycling your Battery which 99% of owners are not on a regular basis. Why are you leaving the ignition on for 20 minutes at a time?

• 4 weeks later...

www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Lexus_RX400h_3.3_2007/p/car-parts/car-electrics-and-car-lighting/electrical/car-battery/?444771587&1&14674bd843cc6dfe4b2f4658df82d4c594012e2d&000020

I used Europarts, typed in my reg and t came up with either LION or Bosch, as the latter was the one recommended on here that's the one I chose, Europarts deliver or if you live near a depot you can collect

Hope this helps

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links