Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, Anybody There? Buying Advice

Looks like this forum isn't visited much, but they are rare cars.

I'm looking to get one of the first models. Is there anything to look out for?

They seem to start at about £23k at Lexus dealers and about £18k elseware. To say these are now getting up to five years old and only lost about 50% they do hold their value well.

I've had an IS250 so know the basics.

Cheers

Steve

Make sure it has a full history,preferably Lexus main dealer.

Not sure if they are chain or belt driven cams but if belt make sure it has been done, they last thing you want is to be spending money having the job done immediately after purchase, and beware of those coming up to a change as some sellers realise the cost and get rid.

I would imagine there are a lot of low mileage examples about as like you say they are quite a rare car.

If the V8 engine is anything like the ones in the LS series they are more or less bullet proof providing they are well looked after.

Dealer models as you are aware attract a premium price and a warranty but private sales mean you have little if any comeback.

Take your time, chose wisely and you'll be fine.

I'm going to wait until onw comes up at a Lexus dealer with full Lexus Service History and that all important Lexus warranty.

The ISF uses a timing chain so no worries about a big service bill! But i'm sure the 60k will be higher than normal.

I'll keep you posted on how I get on.

I picked mine up yesterday :-) having had a Porsche Cayman S for a very short while (1 month...) and not got on with it. I am absolutely loving the is-f! The speed, the noise, the sheer fun factor and most importantly the ability to do everything well (30mpg on the long motorway trip back home from the dealer, can cruise in auto and enjoy the toys or flip into manual and enjoy the drive).

Good luck with your purchase. Things i looked out for when choosing - but sure people on here are the real experts - that tyre wear was even across the width of the tyre, condition of brake discs as these are expensive, any signs of coolant leak from water pump, alloys are hard to repair because the coating is bespoke so check no kerbing.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links