Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Maintenance At 60/65K Miles

I'm driving Nov. 2007 RX400h - I would need advice regarding the scheduled maintenance at 60/65k miles (actually is 100k km). My local Lexus dealer suggests that the following should be replaced:

POLLEN FILTER,

AIR FILTER ,

OIL FILTER,

5 lt Syntetic OIL 5W30

SPARK PLUGS x 6,

CAM BELT SET,

GASKET (OIL DRAIN),

GASKET (AIR SURGE)

I don't know if the list is complete or ...

I've read posts recommending to replace the water pump as well. So what do you think? Could you share some experience?

Thanks,

I'm driving Nov. 2007 RX400h - I would need advice regarding the scheduled maintenance at 60/65k miles (actually is 100k km). My local Lexus dealer suggests that the following should be replaced:

POLLEN FILTER,

AIR FILTER ,

OIL FILTER,

5 lt Syntetic OIL 5W30

SPARK PLUGS x 6,

CAM BELT SET,

GASKET (OIL DRAIN),

GASKET (AIR SURGE)

I don't know if the list is complete or ...

I've read posts recommending to replace the water pump as well. So what do you think? Could you share some experience?

Thanks,

look in the service book that comes with the car, does that not specify what is recommended. In any event have you any reason to believe that the dealer is misleading you ? More work equate to more money for the company.

But of course - if i change everything it will be better for both my ride and my dealer. According to the official maintenance schedule - the cam belt should be replaced at 100k, the spark plugs at 120k and the transmission fluid should be inspected and replaced at 60k (only if i'm towing).

Not sure what planet your Lexus dealer is on. Everyone knows that the cambelt is done at 100k and it's not a cheap job either !!! (and you can save yourself some cash by having this done at a independant garage). Total waste of time getting it done before the car reaches 100k. I am sure you have better things to do with your hard earned cash !! All this information is in your service schedule book.

Not sure what planet your Lexus dealer is on.

My dealer is the one and only in "the richest" country in the EU - Bulgaria - the cost for the maintenance (850 GBP incl. parts and labour) is much lower than the same for UK, but still... It is a rip off i know.

What about the transmission fluid and spark plugs?

As per the official schedule, leave the plugs and possibly get them done at the 100k cambelt change, but best to get the fluid done, certainly no harm. I now use a ex Lexus Dealer mechanic who now runs his own company on servicing Lexus's and his method is, he inspects what needs to be changed as per the official schedule, but if it looks ok, he just leaves it. If there is nothing wrong with your fluid and you have not been towing or testing the car to the limits, then it's probably ok.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links