Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hey guys

I just wondered if all you IS250 owners do anything particular to keep your exhasut pipes looking good? I love the look of the twin chrome pipes on the back of the 250, and was really excited about mine. But to my slight disappointment, the valeters didn't really clean up the pipes on my car. A very quick go with some Car Polish and a cloth revealed that there is some lovely chrome hidden behind all the black marks/tarnish on my pipes, so they're now already looking better. But they need a proper going over, and I wondered if anyone else on here is as bothered as I am about this, and if so - what would be the best products to clean them up with?

Cheers!

Hiya Tim, I see that you are going to pay Halfords a visit at the weekend to get yoursel some cleaning gear. I am researching the matter of car cleaning at the moment as I want to try to look after this car better than I have in the past. I was always a bucket, hose and leather man with all my previous cars but do intend to be more fussy from now on.

Have you visited detailing world at all yet. I posted on there the other day looking for some advice. Have a look at this...................

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=281218

Might just be a little help to you.

It will be interesting to hear what route you follow.

I also had a very interesting email from theultimatefinish.co.uk with their recommendations. If this might be of interest to you, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you a copy.

I use Autosol to polish my tips and then treat the finish with the same sealant I use on the wheels 'Poorboys World Wheel Sealant'. This keeps the polished finish lasting longer. I also make it a habit to wash the exhaust tips everytime I wash my car and because I previously sealed them, they still come up shiny. If you're really geeky, like me, you can remove the tips and polish inside of them so when you view them from the side profile they are all shiny as opposed to just the outer bits. Maybe that's too far? :P

I use Autosol to polish my tips and then treat the finish with the same sealant I use on the wheels 'Poorboys World Wheel Sealant'. This keeps the polished finish lasting longer. I also make it a habit to wash the exhaust tips everytime I wash my car and because I previously sealed them, they still come up shiny. If you're really geeky, like me, you can remove the tips and polish inside of them so when you view them from the side profile they are all shiny as opposed to just the outer bits. Maybe that's too far? :P

How do they come off? Is it an easy job to get the tips off and back on again? I'd like to give them a good polish inside and outside.

Use WD40 with a nozzle on the can, spray liberal amounts inbetween the actual exhaust tail pipe and the chrome tip at each side. I wore a pair of thick gloves and wiggled the tip from side to side whilst pulling until it comes free. I'd recommend the gloves as the back edges of the tips can be sharp.

Use WD40 with a nozzle on the can, spray liberal amounts inbetween the actual exhaust tail pipe and the chrome tip at each side. I wore a pair of thick gloves and wiggled the tip from side to side whilst pulling until it comes free. I'd recommend the gloves as the back edges of the tips can be sharp.

Thanks rd27, I'll give it a go.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links