Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone new member here. I have a black LS400 with 219k.

I jump started the car but got the pos and neg the wrong way on the Lexus Battery.

The car would then crank but not fire. I checked the fuses and replaced two,the car would then start

and run but no dash or instrument lights or indicators but the horn and headlights work.

When the car is running there is an audible waning tone in the cabin.

I still can't believe I made such a mistake!

Any ideas or suggestions would be very welcome,I'm worried I have caused serious damage,and lucky the Battery did not explode or anything.

Jcwossname

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

On past occasions the 120 amp fuse has blown in the engine compartment fuse box after the same incident.

These are not the pull out fuses you normally find but have to be accessed by removing the fusebox and then going in from underneath.

There should be 4 in a vertical row at the side of the fuse box it is one of these.

If you don't already know the fuse box is located directly behind the Battery, there are 2 large black plastic screws to remove the cover.

Make sure you disconnect the Battery before changing the fuse which is available from Toyota/Lexus and maybe a local motor factors.

Part number is 90982-08254 120A, TERMINAL:MALE

Thank you so much for the reply,I will check that particular fuse first. Sod's law isn't it,the car has been SORN ed for 2 months,I have successfully started it twice,then come back from the post office with a tax disc in my hot little hand and ***** it up,still now that I have calmed down I suppose that's life!!

All the best

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links