Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Batteries

52LAZ

hi there,

my Battery has jap writing on the top, does this mean that it oringinal, only asking cos on a morning,

or at night after work it really struggles to fire it up, the volt meter in the car reads amount 9.5, once it fires its fine, really fast turn over to fire it.

is my Battery going,

cheers guys.

Could well be original kit.

If it starts to struggle at first start up as the mornings get colder.... don't even hesitate. Stick a new one in now while the weather is still good.

Agreed with the reading it appears to be at the end of its life, you don't mention which year IS you have but it's done well if original at 5 years or more old.

Lexus are pretty competitive on new batteries at around £80.00.

its a 2004, ive had a price for a bosch at 59.99 delivered,

thanks for your replys guys.

Be careful on fitting the correct Battery! I just purchased my 2000 IS200 and after a week I noticed a small dent on the bonnet where the Battery terminal bolt has hit the bonnet due the the WRONG Battery being fitted which is a Bosch S4. Its too tall and any taller would of gone straight thru! Its frustrating as the car is flawless otherwise. The Battery has also started playing up and is fairly new. Im off to get a Varta tomorrow.

did not bother with bosch and just bought one from local motor shop, because in his book it nentioned two sizes for the is200? so did not want to order one and it come wrong, have not fitted the new one yet but i will keep an eye out when doing so, maybe tonight,

thanks for your heads up.

did not bother with bosch and just bought one from local motor shop, because in his book it nentioned two sizes for the is200? so did not want to order one and it come wrong, have not fitted the new one yet but i will keep an eye out when doing so, maybe tonight,

thanks for your heads up.

Correction: i just found after fitting the Battery was not too tall however the terminals were on the wrong side. Which meant the bolt was closer the bonnet due to it sloping downwards. just bought the correct Battery and the terminals were correctly at the back of the engine bay... just check yours are. am now wondering if the Battery was shorting out because it was touching the bonnet and reduced its life, although the new Battery has has different power outputs, so who knows.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links