Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Alarm - Helpppp

Hi, my 2001 RX300 decided to start going off two weeks ago. It happened during the day. I think that I had all three ignition keys with me , valet, master and the other key. Since then the alarm has been going off mainly in the night, 4 times on average. I have tried pressing the lock sensor twice to deactivate the interior sensor but that didn't work. I have also tried opening the driver's side door anticlockwise at 2 o'clock in the morning. That opened all the windows and roof. Set the alarm again but didn't work. I have changed the car Battery, still no luck. I don't seem to find the answer so I though I would start a new thread. Please help.

Many thanks!

Had a similar problem on the wifes 2003 Vauxhall Omega.

It is fitted with a separate rechargable Battery specifically for the alarm system, incase someone manages to cut the main cables.

When the Battery gets to the end of its life, it starts to create power fluctuations and that triggers the alarm, and like yours only seemed to go off in the early hours of the morning.

Rather than spend £80 on a new one, I simply disconnected it.

No-one pays any attention to a car alarm these days.

• 1 month later...

My RX400h alarm went off a few times last year in the evening and early morning between say 11pm and 6 am. The cause was a MOTH that had been left inside. Shows you how sensative the system is. Got rid of the moth, and cured the problem. :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links