Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My Power Steeing Is A Bit Notchy From Cold?

hi again , just started car on my drive and tried to turn the steering wheel and found it quite difficult it seemed really notchy and i could hear the belt squeeking slightly , ive checked the power steering fluid and it looks really black , and watching wheeler dealers the other day he said if it smells burnt change the fluid , could someone tell me the best way of changing the fluid and the correct type to put in , also what else can i look at if its not that , regards jamesey

The fluid is meant to last the life of the car say Lexus but I changed mine. There's a guide to doing it on YouTube but I can't find it right now.

You need dexron II or Dexron III automatic transmission fluid. Dex II is blue and Dex III is red. It doesn't matter which u use and u can also mix them. Maybe yours have been mixed with top ups so that's why it's gone black.

the steering on the road feels very sensitive i dnt know if the lexus is supposed to feel like that , i feel im having a battle just to drive it in a straight line? ill check the belt tommorow when its on full lock it squeels ,

if i took the belt off would i feel if the pump is going down?

if you can hear squeaking sound when the engine running idle then it might be the serpentine belt .. don't use the belt spray as it wont do much help and end up messing the engine bay. I've changed all three serpentine belt last winter and solve the squeaking as it's driving me crazy everytime the engine start.

Might wanna check any pressure fault if you changed the oil and the problem not solve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links