Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Se Auto Mpg

I also have a auto SE. Havent had the car long enough to check but i will, it seems it averages about 30ish mpg around town because when ever i glance at the MPG readout its hovering around 30. I will do the math tho. My last car had a MPG computer and told me average MPG shame the lexus doesnt. For me i have 2 routes to work same 3 miles long. one motorway other town. My last car seemed to do better on fuel on the town run due to it not being to best at getting up to speed from its little 1.6. but wondering with the IS it would be better suited to the motorway route, its effortless getting up to speed compared, and will cruise at 80-90 without much effort too. advise anyone?

I am getting about 22 mpg driving round town is this normal..? car has just had full sevice as well

cheers baz

you are getting 2 mpg more as the stated town driving for auto is 20 mpg. 29mpg figure will be for both town and motorway driving so if you dont drive on motorway you wont achieve this figure.

I am getting about 22 mpg driving round town is this normal..? car has just had full sevice as well

cheers baz

you are getting 2 mpg more as the stated town driving for auto is 20 mpg. 29mpg figure will be for both town and motorway driving so if you dont drive on motorway you wont achieve this figure.

good to know thanks

cheers baz

i just checked and with my last car, i could achieve "combined MPG" figure around town vs the "urban" figure, same with any car?

cheers baz

Cheers john,her in doors does alot of local commuting with the kids so i suppose its not to bad for a automatic 2.0 six cylinder engine.

My driving is mostly A roads with a 20 mile run to work. My Auto averages 31mpg. I keep track with an app called road trip. I'd guess low 20s is pretty normal for stop start driving.

Not even going to imagine what it's like with the caravan on the back!

you tell it how much fuel you have put in your car in Litres. Then set your trip on your car. When it's fill up time you put in how many miles you have done. It then works out your average MPG. It also works out how many miles per litre and shows graphs etc of all kinds of other stuff that you don't give a rats arse about! It's called road trip. Costs £2 or something.

It's just a calculator really but it converts litres to gallons for you and obviously it isn't completely accurate but more accurate than that blooming mpg needle. That tells me if I'm in 6th gear doing 60mph I'm getting 40-50 MPG.... I know that's not true!! Lol... :)

• 4 weeks later...

as a test, i waited for my fuel light to come on and filled up £40 worth of Shell V power friday at 142.9p per litre which works out around 27.99 litres (6.1 gallons). reset my trip computer and drove a total of 185 miles before the light came on again. around 40 miles was town driving involving stop starts between car wash and grocery shops. 145 miles was done on the motorway with cruise control strictly set at 70mph on my speedo guage and 65mph showing on my GPS sat nav. during the motorway cruise my nav was showing and average of 33mpg I thought this cant be right as at one point i had to put my foot down to 100mph briefly but 98% of the drive was done by the car at cruise control.. got home, and trip computer was showing 185 miles i worked it out by dividing 185/6.1 i.e 185 miles against 6.1 gallons and got 30mpg not bad if you consider its a 3.0litre automatic 113,000 miles 10year old engine. which concludes driven sensibly, it can achieve IS200 manual/auto mpg figures even with more go under the bonnet...

my wife only gets about 22.4 mph in her manual 200, over a 5.5mi journey through traffic and atleast 20 sets of traffic lights, so perhaps not so bad, but still pretty poor from a 2.0L, when my 528 auto gets 24mpg on my daily commute into London.

• 3 weeks later...

I get 22 mpg all town driving.and thats with a sticking brake, so may improve after I sort that. I used that app on my phone. Its a bit ofa drop from 30-35 in my focus auto but dont care. Love my IS :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links