Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Getting A Android/bluetooth Grom Over A New Headunit

petayV8

Before i even bought my IS200 I knew i wanted to install a 2 din touch screen interface with all the bells and whistles, including rear view camera, navigation, USB, Bluetooth..... however ive come to learn thats its not as simple as i thought, especially because I have the factory nav. I learnt that you have to bypass the stock amp which is easy enough, but doing so would probably make the sound quality dreadful Tried to research but still confused on what complications the stock nav can cause for fitting aftermarket headunits, but know it causes problems.

So discovered these GROM units, and now they come with Bluetooth and android capability which sounds too good to be true! but its not, its amazing, I can control all my music from my factory headunit from my android device, as well as answer calls via Bluetooth with its in-built mic. 109 pounds on eBay.

As for the rear view camera, opting for ones of those rear view mirrors which doubles as a screen. You can buy them as a kit with parking sensors, camera and rear view mirror...

grom has been around for a while - there are many threads in the audio section.

I know, i found many threads that were useful, but none of them mentioned Bluetooth or android capabilities, im guessing this is a new addition?

not really new, I have been using Bluetooth via my android phone to grom connected to the stock unit for nearly a year. The only problem I find is Bluetooth streaming music really drains the Battery on the phone, but the positives are phone calls and satnav all stream via the stock audio unit.

I know, i found many threads that were useful, but none of them mentioned Bluetooth or android capabilities, im guessing this is a new addition?

You need to try harder mate :)

Have a look at this link: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=73244&st=15#entry758774

I wrote a whole post about installing the GROM unit with Bluetooth, and pairing it with my phone. I'm using a Galaxy S2 with Android Jellybean and it works fine

You need to try harder mate :)

Have a look at this link: http://www.lexusowne...=15#entry758774

I wrote a whole post about installing the GROM unit with Bluetooth, and pairing it with my phone. I'm using a Galaxy S2 with Android Jellybean and it works fine

Wow great write up! thanks very much and thanks for link. i will do a thread on how to hook up to android also

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links