Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Parking Sensors For 1995 Gs300

My wife has just kindly reversed my 1995 GS300 into a wall damaging the rear nearside parking sensor such that whenever reverse is engaged it activates and beeps which is a tad anoying. I can get the damage to the bumper repaired but need to procure a replacement sensor. I gather it needs to be a genuine lexus (or Toyota?) spare.

There seem to be lots of companies offering rear sensors for lexus but those I've seen are not genuine lexus spares so will not provide exact replacement integrating into the parking control system. I havnt tried lexus yet but the last time I needed a Xenon bulb they quoted about £500 and I got an exact repacement for £40! So I'm trying every avenue 1st. Any suggestions or help even sympathy gratefully accepted.

It would probably be cheaper getting one of those kits from eBay for £20. The disadvantage is the install but its not that bad really if you just want the tones.

I guess you could try one of the sensors out of the new kit first - its the same piezo technology, just different tolerances.

On screen park assist? In a 1995? Do you have any pics, I've never seen that kind of stuff factory fitted on a GS that old, sounds interesting, as do the factory hids.

I was just thinking exactly the same which is why I suggested a simple 3rd party set, thinking it was the audible only factory one.

Unless you swap only the transducer (and you are lucky with its size and tolerance) it won't integrate with a factory fitted system. I've seen loads and they all seems the same size but thinking about it, I've never actually put any side by side to see if they are. Could be worth a go.

Is the sensor disconnected now or just broken? I'm wondering if disconnecting it will stop the beeping.

Firstly aplogies to Rick I meant 2005 GS300 not 1995 - I plea mitigating circumstances due to extreme marital stress. Steve - My wife has had a bad car week after inexplicably reversing into a wall with fully functioning sensors and rear camera, she managed to close the garage door as she was reversing her merc out of the garage scraping the roof and today flew to scotland with the intention of hiring a car to meet clients when she arrived she realised she had my driving licence not hers!

Geoffers,

Firstly it's a 2005 GS300 not 1995 (I'm a plonker). The sensor connected and is damaged - scraped and remains on if reverse is selected. If you push it in it stops bleeping but the moment you release it it beeps.The guy who is repairing the bumper thinks only possibilty is to buy the lexus part (£145) as these are factory fitted I did wonder if it could be left disconnected but cant find out until bumper is off which doesnt leave enough time to get part and I dont suppose lexus would reimburse me if we didnt use the part. hope this now make some sense

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links