Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Changer Cable Missing?

Bobi's300

Hello LEXUS owners, I own a 300 Sport 2002 and my CD and tape are not working at all. I have opened to check just in case and found out that there is only radio and power connected there, one more cable is missing as there is one more connector to the back of the unit, checked to see if there is cable coming from the dashboard but don't see anything.

Open to any suggestions many thanks.

I believe that there is one slot free for external use, it will be on the far left of the back. Are you able to press the eject button with the lights flash for a second and then the system kick back to radio mode?

I had an issue whereby my CD player and tape would not work, no errors on the screen.

I wouldn't recommend getting another Lexus unit as they are notoriously problematic. You will find that finding one with a working CD player is like finding a needle in a haystack. And if you are lucky to actually find a working unit, it will probably pack up again shortly afterwards. Stick to the safer option and get an aftermarket unit for about 100£ from Halfrauds. We can help you get it connected as it's slightly different for an amplified system.

If you "HAVE" to have the OEM unit, make sure the numbers are matching as different versions of the unit are not backwards compatible. The numbers are located on the left side of the tape deck in white.

I got this cheap JVC one from halfauds for £100

Matt is right, they are too much to repair, I tried independents and they knew all about them and didn't want to touch it.

post-37995-0-01484100-1352671301.jpg

I believe you just slot the connector into the back of the unit as normal, the only time it has got complicated for people is when they have tried to install a grom system (used to connect iphone). So if you purchase a new unit from Halfords you will need to purchase a separate adapter cable, they sell these. If you ask them nicely they will let you slip one out of the case and see which one you need. As the salesman didn't know the type... they are usually pretty good. The adapters are usually 15.99 at Halfords but if you can find the correct one and want to save some, you can pick them up on eBay for a few quid.

This link will help if you have a nav system: http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=79425

Managed to find an image of the back of my old one.

post-37995-0-84835100-1352671856.jpg

Originally I purchased a cheapo fascia from eBay for about 10 quid, but the finish is really poor, and involved some minor cutting. If you want one with a good finish, like the one I have in the pic above it's £50.50 + VAT from Lexus/Toyota.

They will have to order it from the warehouse in Belgium, so will take a few days to arrive.

Toyota Part No 55413-53010

post-37995-0-58226600-1352673576.jpg

post-37995-0-31898700-1352673650.jpg

The parts department may not have heard of or seen this part as it's off the Japanese version, Altezza. Oh and if your 300 has heated seats you may have to cut the bottom bit off as it comes as one piece.

When I started taking it out the heated buttons including the TRC button came out seperateley so they should be fine, its a nice IS200 you've got there.

Any idea if the cigarette lighter has a ring light surrounding???

Yes the cig lighter is illuminated as is the ash tray.

If your going to fit after market head unit, as yours is the sport you'll need an amp by-pass cable to run the new head unit, theres a walk through on here some where. Its not a 10 min job, put aside 1-2 hours as the amp can put up a hell of a fight!

PS, when your all ready to fit your head unit dont for get to give the ariel a live feed to power it as you'll get poo radio reception!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links