Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Clock Light Constantly On!

Hi all. New to the forum :). Names Alfie :).

Ive recently fitted an aftermarket headunit to my car, and have found that the clock display is now constantly lit, resulting in my Battery failing me :o. Has any one had this problem or know how to rectify it? Ive had a look at the back and there are too many wires for me to be able to pin point the ones running the clock.

Cheers in advance

which of the yellow wires do i need to disconnect? and why is it that i need to do this? ive already put the redwire to an ignition live, its getting to the point now where it is killing my Battery every time i try and start the car.

cheers for the reply mate

There is normally a red wire which should be connected to a permanent live feed and a yellow which is normally connected to a switched live feed so it only becomes live when the ignition is in the ACC position.

How many yellow wires do you have and what does it say in the fitting instructions?

I have the red wire connected to an ignition live, the red wire is much thinner than the two yellow wires which are joined together on the auto leads loom.

This would suggest to me that the yellow wires are meant to be a permanent feed, but by no means am I an electrician :o.

Not sure if this makes any difference but ive completely taken the lexus stereo amp out. Also there were no instructions with the loom.

Cheers for your help :)

This would suggest to me that the yellow wires are meant to be a permanent feed

Well there's one on there that shouldn't be as its killing your Battery mate! :-)

They are generic leads so sometimes you need to mod. Obviously there is something non standard as its keeping your backlight on. Its a known issue. What harm are you going to do by trying it? Worst case is it won't remember your settings if you get the wrong one.

Im up for trying it, but the loom isnt like a normal one that allows you to switch the wires over, id have to cut them? Im used to vauxhalls where you usually have to switch the wires over, so i know what you mean.

Cheers for the help

Right after some more research the yellow wire should be for the memory backup and therefore a constant 12v connection is needed. The red wire should be switched so only comes on with the ignition.

I take it the headunit you have fitted is not new hence the lack of instructions?

Perhaps if you could post the make and model someone may have the required instructions.

Im up for trying it, but the loom isnt like a normal one that allows you to switch the wires over, id have to cut them? Im used to vauxhalls where you usually have to switch the wires over, so i know what you mean.

Cheers for the help

I know what you mean. It can be a pain.

Hopefully Steve has hit the nail on the head with your issue though.

Am I reading right when you said above that you've taken the red from the ignition meaning you've already got that one on switched live? Both yellows then are on permanent live?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links