Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sorry, this has probably been asked repeatedly so for that I apologise. What is the latest LS430 Sat Nav disc update for the whole of Europe (or UK at the least)? Where can I get them from and what can I expect to spend? Can second hand discs be purchased? Do all four DVD's go in the machine or does it read and copy the data on to a HDD?

Hi Will

It is 2 DVDs to cover all of Europe and only one fits in the player in the boot at a time no HDD and is a pain. lexus-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index is where you can get them from. They are not easy if possible to copy (I am a technically savvy about this) so beware of people selling copies.

Bren

Thanks - so if you cross enough of Europe you have to unscrew the DVD drive and change the disc?? Blimey.

Yep split North and South across France - so fill your boot up and head down south and have to unload and swap DVDs half way there :) Smartphone Nav is a great idea at this point.

Bren

I have a 2003 LS430 with (I think) the latest but one disks. I love my Lexus, but I have to say that the satnav is absolute rubbish - So much so that I don't think I'll bother to get the latest disks. Even on roads it knows about it insists that I shouldn't go down smaller roads, even when I pick the shortest route. Its routes for driving into London from Guildford are "interesting" to say the least - It seems determined to take me on the most congested route it can find.

On one occasion I told it to avoid the A40 at Monmouth - Sure enough it took me on a circuitous route that LED me back to, guess where, the A40 at Monmouth.

The Tom-Tom satnav app on my Iphone is far superior, and it covers the whole of Western Europe right down to the south of Spain (haven't been to Eastern Europe with it, so I don't know how it fares there).

How do others feel about the Lexus SatNav?

I have a 2003 LS430 with (I think) the latest but one disks. I love my Lexus, but I have to say that the satnav is absolute rubbish - So much so that I don't think I'll bother to get the latest disks. Even on roads it knows about it insists that I shouldn't go down smaller roads, even when I pick the shortest route. Its routes for driving into London from Guildford are "interesting" to say the least - It seems determined to take me on the most congested route it can find.

On one occasion I told it to avoid the A40 at Monmouth - Sure enough it took me on a circuitous route that led me back to, guess where, the A40 at Monmouth.

The Tom-Tom satnav app on my iphone is far superior, and it covers the whole of Western Europe right down to the south of Spain (haven't been to Eastern Europe with it, so I don't know how it fares there).

How do others feel about the Lexus SatNav?

Yes my Mk4s Sat Nav is pretty dire but you must remember these system were designed and built well in excess of 14 yrs ago. I have bought a TomTom which itself can have the odd ambiguity so you must keep your wits about you and not follow Sally SatNav when she's taking a short cut over the end of the cliffs at Dover.

I have run the two together to see how they compared and there wasnt a great deal of difference in the speed they worked at but of course new roads have been built and there is no update facility and since Lexie was made and postcode searching is so much easier which you cant do on Lexie.

In her day she was the bees knees but that part of the car can be retired and just thought of in warm terms Mike

Since getting my satnav working properly in my Mk 4 I have been pretty impressed with its output and ease of use in the short time I have been using it, albeit only in the UK.

The only niggle I have is that it does not accept postcodes.

But then I have a Garmin that i would use for travelling further afield. I just like the idea of having no cables trailing over the dashboard.

Have to agree about rubbish Lexus DVD satnav. My 09 600h has the series 5 unit and it takes 4 DVDs to cover the whole of Europe, only accepts 4 figure post codes, route selection is a joke. Navigation to final destination is good though.

I made the mistake of setting automatic re-routing once. It sends you all over the place just to avoide a couple of blokes leaning on shovels at the side of the road.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links