Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Need To Get Back On The Lexus Scene.... Advice Please

ridgersIS300

Hello hello!

Not been on for a while since selling my mint IS300 a few months back.

Driving around in a 2005 2.5 legacy estate now, which is a cracking workhorse - but a Lexus, it ain't!

I've fallen in love with the GS450h and want to start doing my homework now ready for the spring, when I will have a quiet word with the banker (sorry, I mean the wife!)

A few questions for those in the know....

Now, I know the hybrid system on this car is mainly for extra grunt (and a bl00dy fair bit of grunt at that!) but is it literally the same system as on the Toyota Prius, as in uses electric motor when Battery full, then both elec & engine when booting it and uses regenerative braking and coasting to charge batt back up?

Can you use the 'pulse and glide' method like the Prius?

Also, what difference do the PWR button and SPORT mode on the shifter make when the car is powered by a CVT tranmission? I thought this transmission makes 100% torque available almost instantly?

Help appreciated.....

Lol I knew you'd be back :) :)

So the Suburu not floating your boat?

Can't help with the GS questions sorry. Im sure a GS owner will tell all. I think you'll be a Lexus owner once again soon tho... :)

I'm still gutted I missed out on your 300...

I really should have given it more serious consideration considering the ridiculously low price you sold it for!

All the best, hope you get the lex you want. I'd love a 450h but still out of my price range!

Haha Chris - don't get me wrong the subaru is a great car dare I say a perfect family car! But I want big power, big torque, effortless performance and seats to melt into whilst being reasonably economical. I'm a saloon man at heart - cant think of a better car for the money mate, period!

I'll be looking about 2007 reg with about 70-90k on it, just run in lol!

As for my 300 mate, I'm still gutted myself ha!

thats why i asked why you didnt go for the 3.0 Spec B when you confirmed you were getting a Legacy?? forget what the book says about the Legacy performance i have seen those Legacies hit 60 in 6 and 160mph from thier auto boxes. and can stick and get out of a corner just like an STI with those AWD's. depends on your budget but have you considered INFINITI G37 saloons?? one word 'blistering'