Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best De-Icer?

japthree

I've used them all and they all work fine. They all de-ice your car as soon as you spray it on :)

I found Carplan runs out quickest.

I've stopped using de-icer since I bought the lex. I just sit in it for 10mins listening to the radio in the heated seat with everything on full blast :)

Oh and I don't know how true this is but I've heard de-icer can damage your paintwork and as Lexus seem to use very soft paint I don't want to run the risk.

I use hot water (out the tap, not kettle) and have done for years and years and years. And I'm a windscreen fitter, so apparently I should know better? LOL

For out and about, I have a bottle of Tesco brand spray on, but not the pressurised stuff. I've found the pressurised can stuff refreezes very quickly, so I just use the liquid stuff in the lever spray bottles, and works fine. Plus the IS has the most awesome heater I've ever had in a car, and warms up in the same time it takes to smoke a fag, which is about 2-3mins. Perfect!

Another hot water user here, and agreed on aerosol stuff refreezing.

I took advice from a mate of mine who used to have a contract to dewax new cars at a Ford main dealer in North Yorks.

He used a portable industrial steam cleaner, and when he voiced concerns about using it when the cars were frozen over, the dealer told him to go ahead, and they would take responsibility for any damage.

There never was any damage though.

That was early 80s, and I've been using tap water ever since without issue.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links