Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Flat Battery

humberonia

My 1995 LS400 Battery gone totally dead. Now I cant get car out of park and some of the dash lights are not on even after fully charging flat Battery.

Car was running great until this happened. Is there some sort of reset switch. Also should I purchase a brand new Battery.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Barry in Glasgow.

As previously mentioned by Chunky Chip, did you try and jump start the car or did you connect the Battery the wrong way around as very easy to do by mistake.

Normally it is the 120A alternator fuse that blows in the engine compartment fusebox with strange dash lights.

I'm surprised you cannot move out of park, I take it you have the red shift over ride button on the selector panel?

main reason i asked as per post regarding 120amp fuse seen this happen so many times and causes hours of frustaration for some even garages

Also do your electric windows work up/down mirros ?

c.c

I've given out the 120A fuse part number many times, should be able to remember it by now! :lol:

What i was getting at is 2 fold the 120amp blows when things are not done right jump start etc and also as you said incorrect terminal connections.

I was asking the poster the question to see if they had done anything to cause blow or if they checked this as for the electric windows they stop also and some other extras you basically get basic functions as you know as we have thought along same line 120amp fuse possibly :whistling:

CC

He was asking if you had a overide button to allow the gearshift to be moved to neutral postion for vehicle movement EG recovery etc

do you have any such button ?

PS have you switched off and started vehcile since flat Battery ok but lights are still not showing correctly?

Check 120amp fuse if its ok also first anyway

Other folk on the LS400 forum have commented, regularly, that Lexus prices for new batteries are pretty reasonable. I can't speak from first hand experience but it might be worth a phone call to your local dealer if you need a new Battery.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links