Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

J Reg Ls400 Stereo On No Sound? Any Ideas Folks?

Good evening gentleman and Ladies,

I have a 91 LS400 started her up today and noticed that the there is no sound coming from the speakers, all the displays on the LCD screen are fine when I crank the volume up to full I can hear the sound from the cd very faintly whats gives? Any idea,

Many thanks PS here is a pic of my car

post-44405-0-53870400-1356216010.jpg

post-44405-0-08289200-1356216036.jpg

The amplifier as probably failed you can pick them up on eBay and it is located behind the back seat in the boot.

It is a pioneer amplifier.Remove the panel that covers the area at the rear of the back seat in the boot .I think it is on the right first check the connections to the Radio if it is all secure it is probably the Amplifier.Nice motor I have just sold a1990 same colour hope you fix the Radio.

Yes hes a friend of mine aswell..he is a true gent. We love our Lexus vehicles. Ive had 4 ls400's mk4's and im on my 2nd ls430. I bought one ls430 of baz once. Lovely car, but i prefer the ls400 mk4.

At the bottom of the fibre panel there are 4 or 5 screws that fasten to the floor of the boot take these out and the cover then pulls out towards you it is an interference fit so will require a bit of pushing and pulling along the top and sides I can't remember if there are any more screws so check along the edges it slots behind the two side panels so it might help if you loosen them the left one is held in place by the tool box and the right one slots behind the cd changer.

The amplifier is a silver box and as an edge that is serated, that is the heat sink its about 15cmX10cms x 5cms .

To check what it looks like,

go on eBay and put in amplifier for 89 -93 ls400 use the US eBay if one does not show up on UK eBay The version after 93 may not fit your car.

There is a seller on eBay selling the unit that fits your car he is identifying it as a 97 model but I have checked out the part number on it and it is the part number that is used on your car.86280-50010 £350 from Lexus £18 from oldcarparts ltd shop ebayUK

I may be too late here but you did check all the fuses associated with the sound system before checking anything else?

There have also been reported problems with the telephone control mute system (if fitted) locared under the rear seat squab causing loss of sound on early LS400s.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links