Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Casette Adaptor For Aux Audio

Anyone tried one of these or similar?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-CPA9-AE-Car-cassette-adaptor/dp/B00007EDLW/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1356283607&sr=1-4

I just tried mine but the castte player just makes a noise then switches back to radio.

I am not sure wether it is the naff adaptor, or the actual stereo since the dealer sold me a car that was way below the standard I would expect from a lexus main dealer. complete with mouldy seatbelts, ruined smelly upholstery etc etc I wouldn't be surprised if the stereo is broken also. Or is there something else that ispreventing this cassette adaptor from working?

The reviews on amazon or all excellent, I was quite excited to get my napster working in my car on the go.

I have Vais Tech VML on mine, so i've never tried those adapters. I would advise to install a digital changer (it is connected to the original audio via harness to the back of the unit and emulates an external CD changer - the quality is much better than the adapters and transmitters), like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Digital-CD-Music-Changer-SD-MP3-for-03-05-Toyota-series-Camry-Corolla-RAV4-/190644732557?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2c634fc28d

Mine is with Mark Levinson audio, the sound system is superb, that's why i did install the VML - it displays the text on the nav screen and supports even loseless formats (.flac).

Mine is ML also, but TBH I am not that impressed with it. The logic 7 on my M6 was far better.

I don't want to be messing around with harnesses if I am honest and would be happy if my cassette adapter just worked :)

If tried one of these. It worked fine. Not great sound quality but still ok.

I did notice that unless your music storage device they your connected too (iPod, mp3) isn't on and playing when you connect the tape to it then the tape ejects itself and switches back to the radio.

Mine is ML also, but TBH I am not that impressed with it. The logic 7 on my M6 was far better.

I don't want to be messing around with harnesses if I am honest and would be happy if my cassette adapter just worked :)

The Logic 7 system is made by Lexicon, a premium division of Harman International (Harman is also the parent company of better-known brands like Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL and Mark Levinson). So I wouldn't compare them, i'm happy with ML. What you call messing around is actually plug & play. But what I surely don't understand is how you can put in the same topic high end car audio systems and a cassette adapter?

• 2 weeks later...

I use a cassette adaptor on a regular basis, in fact the very same one you provided a link for. I have never experienced any problem and I find the sound quality is perfectly fine.. You just have to remember to set the volume to maximum on your MP3 player so that you can then control it via the radio unit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have Vais Tech VML on mine, so i've never tried those adapters. I would advise to install a digital changer (it is connected to the original audio via harness to the back of the unit and emulates an external CD changer - the quality is much better than the adapters and transmitters), like this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c634fc28d

Mine is with Mark Levinson audio, the sound system is superb, that's why i did install the VML - it displays the text on the nav screen and supports even loseless formats (.flac).

Hi 1st post so please be gentle guys! I'm keen to buy this for my 57 Rx400h-sel but only if it's a doddle to fit as i'm not the best at diy! Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links