Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Small Groove In My Front Rotor (And Noise)

petayV8

I had the window open today and started hearing a very high pitched scraping sound coming from one of the wheels as the car glided along. It was all the time when the car is moving. After closer inspection of the brakes the front left side has a small groove in the rotor going all the way round, but everything else looks fine.The pads are nearly new and rotors fairly new also. Braking performance also seems fine. So could something of got lodged in there maybe? Ive never had any issues before on any previous cars but also never had brakes the size of the ones on the IS! The brakes have also been recently cleaned up and checked by my mechanic

• 2 weeks later...

a common complaint seen many times after weather such as we had picked up either large grit piece or a stone

If big enough it will scrape until worn or will stick in pad material to become a pain.

Best bet is take pads out to check it has not lodge inside

thanks for great advice. I was hoping it would be something like this verses something more serious! I will get the wheel off sometime when i get chance and investigate further

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links