Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow? Its All Over

noby76

haha Ray do some research before you start typing ok, IS300 shares the same engine and i mean, block, head, crank, pistons, con rods as 98-2000 NA Toyota Supra. so is it a 4 door Toyota Supra?? Yes it is??

My van has the same engine as a VW Toureg.......Therefore my van is a VW Toureg.....Or a Volvo XC90

ok your turn transporter and ray - and this is a simple question. why can the IS300 not be classified as a 4 door NA Supra if it shares almost all mechanical parts and goes liike one?

ok your turn transporter and ray - and this is a simple question. why can the IS300 not be classified as a 4 door NA Supra if it shares almost all mechanical parts and goes liike one?

For the same reason that my van is not a taureg....For the same reason why a VW Golf is not a Seat Leon is not a Skoda Octavia... All share common parts but you have a small family car and a Supra is not a small family car....If you wanted a Supra, then you should have bought one...

@transporter takes a lot to impress me ... so come off it

@matt - never asked you to film i asked for evidence and yes my Auto can shift from 5th to 2nd if the ecu deems safe for it to do so if that answers your question.

Ok, I'll play along. So, how would you like me to prove it?

And you've circumvented the question. I asked can YOU shift to any gear and any time in your auto. Not the car or its ECU, but rather YOU. It's not hard to understand but I'll paint you a picture. You're driving along in 5th, bumbling away. You see an IS200 and want to teach it who's boss in your vastly superior car, can YOU shift to 2nd?

(The answer is no btw. You can only shift sequentially. The IS200 owner on the other hand, can drop it down to 2nd no problem)

@transporter

I have a small family car?? since when was a litre sedan a small family car in UK?? I wanted something practical which drove and hadled like a sports coupe(Supra) and IS300 fits in perfectly and puts a smile on my face all the time..

@matt

I wouldnt waste my fuel on a 155bhp car! any thing between 200bhp -300bhp i will consider. and even if i was pushed to teach an IS200 a lesson am sorry 5th gear will be enough. just to paint a picture for you matt, at 6000rpm, IS300 is still making 255NM(190lb ft) of torque from the engine.. so my overdrive gear can handle you.

@Petay

Hey Petay you gona share that pop corn :)

@transporter

I have a small family car?? since when was a litre sedan a small family car in UK?? I wanted something practical which drove and hadled like a sports coupe(Supra)

1. It is a small family car

2. It does NOT handle like a Supra

• Like 1

ray the car wears independent double wishbone suspensions front and back last time i checked double wishbone suspensions were not fitted to 'family' cars.

@transporter

I have a small family car?? since when was a litre sedan a small family car in UK?? I wanted something practical which drove and hadled like a sports coupe(Supra) and IS300 fits in perfectly and puts a smile on my face all the time..

@matt

I wouldnt waste my fuel on a 155bhp car! any thing between 200bhp -300bhp i will consider. and even if i was pushed to teach an IS200 a lesson am sorry 5th gear will be enough. just to paint a picture for you matt, at 6000rpm, IS300 is still making 255NM(190lb ft) of torque from the engine.. so my overdrive gear can handle you.

@Petay

Hey Petay you gona share that pop corn :)

The 200 is turbocharged, and has dyno'd at 225bhp and 270NM of torque. Go

(BTW, you failed to tell me how I can provide you proof without videoing it. Why am I not surprised)

Ray - I'm guessing that was a rhetorical question, as the answer is clearly none

Yep.

He must be comparing the IS300 handling to a MKI Supra as if he'd driven a MKIV he wouldn't come up with this silliness...

@ray

If Honda Accords wear double wishbone suspensions then guess what ray?? its not classifies as a family car. if in doubt click here to see a Honda Accord toying with a Subaru Impreza with AWD system. you can get any grippier than a Subaru.. see car novices like you need the word 'Sport' or 'BMW' to be printed on a car to make it obvious. Like i said if Accords wear double wishbones from factory don't mistake it for a family car.

have i driven a MKIV Supra before?? Yes am driving one now in a 4 door chasis with slightly raised ride height. at the end on the day we can all come on a forumn and say we own or have driven a Supra, lambo, Ferrari, M5 etc and know one will know for sure so your question is really flawed from the start.

@matt

turbo IS200 with 225bhp i would consider now am asking you do you own one?? oh and regarding evidence , common sense should tell you you can get a mate to do the filming and not you . thought you was an intelligent boy matt??

@transpoter

something productive from you will be appreciated big man.

@ray

If Honda Accords wear double wishbone suspensions then guess what ray?? its not classifies as a family car. if in doubt click here to see a Honda Accord toying with a Subaru Impreza with AWD system. you can get any grippier than a Subaru.. see car novices like you need the word 'Sport' or 'BMW' to be printed on a car to make it obvious. Like i said if Accords wear double wishbones from factory don't mistake it for a family car.

I think you might find you are the car novice here. You rely on the Internet to feed you your info rather than actually having any experience.

Accords ARE family cars. Four doors and saloon shape is a minor giveaway.............. Even Golfs have DW suspension. Have you ever taken a car apart Knobbly? Guess not..

Explain to me why YOU think certain car manufacturers opt to use DWS?

I cannot believe the lack of mechanicle knowledge you have after trying to bluff everyone on here out.

• Like 1

@ray

haha me bluff every one?? internet helps me to find which ever information i want so sorry mister, thats not a bad thing. saves me from opening Haynes repair manuals.

in a nut shell, DW suspensions are more superior when used in a car compared to MacPhersons struts. yes MacPhersons can be tuned to respond just like if not better than DW but any Sport oriented car engineer will go for DW over MacPhersons. both you, matt, transpoter and i wont even notice the difference between these two types of suspensions when driving on a daily basis. but the DW tends to come alive on the tracks and thats why most sports cars run them. i await your response on this ray. let me know if i missed anything.

@matt

boost your IS200 to 225bhp and we can put this situation to bed once and for all. am waiting for you in my auto 2JZ.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links