Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Snow? Its All Over

noby76

@transporter

my auto IS300 returns preety much same mpg as your manual IS200. so guess what big man, i regard that as an efficient box. lets put cost aside, mordern autoboxes are rederring manual boxes useless.

And??? Just think how much better and more fun your car would be with a six speed manual rather than a point and squirt.... Electronic gearboxes may be the future as far as the manufacturers are concerned they will empty the drivers pocket at every repair and that is good for profits.... Unfortunately you swallow the guff that you find on these shows that you post and this highlights how naive you are

Model - 02' |Platinum Ice Silver |TTE Kitted | Sport | E-Shift | HID's |Yellow Fogs --- all standard on is300 apart from SPORT there was none

Engine - 2JZ Block | Denso iridium Spark Plugs |A'pexi high flow intake Filter --- all standard apart from apexi filter, asume to cheap to buy full induction kit

Oil - High Performance Petronas Syntium 5000 AV running through veins --- proberbly the best thing your car has

Wheels - 18" Aero wheels ---

Tyres - Ultra High Performance Falken Azenis FK-453's --- same as is200 owners use so not high performance just ok tyres

Mods - Interior LED's --- make no differance what cars

4 Door Supra with claimed 211 horses but is Nobuaki Katayama telling us the truth!! --- he might be but unless your car is reguarly serviced it more than likey lost some by the way it should be 217HP dip ****

• Like 1

@ matt

you cannot select any gear at any time matt. dont beleive me?? hope in your car drive to 80mph and see if it will slot from 5th to 2nd gear. try this and let me know matt.

Yes, I can. I didn't say it would be good for the engine or gearbox, but it doesn't change the fact I can...

and gearboxes and throttles work hand in hand pal. you cant have a car operating without those two.

That they do. However we're talking about gearboxes, not throttle controllers. You can't have a car operating without fuel either - are you going to digress and go off on an irrelevant tangent about that too?

Face it knobend, sorry, knobby, you cannot hold an adult conversation to reinforce any of your points. So you digress onto pointless fluff instead...

• Like 1

@mikey - geez this guy must love my signature.. copy and paste it yours mikey

No worries a dyno will give me that answer not you.

@ matt

you cannot select any gear at any time matt. dont beleive me?? hope in your car drive to 80mph and see if it will slot from 5th to 2nd gear. try this and let me know matt.

Well that is not really true..... You can select any forward gear at any time at any speed..... It is just not advisable. This is where you need to think about what you are doing.....Hmm Perhaps you are best off with an Auto

matt try it at 80mph and let me know if it slots into 2nd gear for you - thats all am saying.

and I am having Adult conversations OK.

@transporter

all you keep going on is cost cost and cost if its so much of an issue then drive another car buddy.

ECUs are intelligent? Well maybe next to you they are...

Great for those who can't co-ordinate their hands and feet..Or brain....

Tea on screen you b@stard...... oldforum5smiley.gifoldforum5smiley.gifoldforum5smiley.gif

• Like 1

It does, yes. And you're not, no....

I want evidence it does matt you say your car can go in a ny gear at any time right? send us an evidence of you shifting to 2nd gear at 80mph its all am asking matt not much..

Are you coming to the meet in may noby?

I don't know but we might need to make it a two dayer to fit all the BS in.......yawn.gif

I will try my hardest to drop in on the way back from the airport just to have a laugh.

It does, yes. And you're not, no....

I want evidence it does matt you say your car can go in a ny gear at any time right? send us an evidence of you shifting to 2nd gear at 80mph its all am asking matt not much..

Yes it is too much to ask. It's highly irresponsible for me to film myself changing gear at 80mph. Rest assured, I can pull the gearstick out of 5th or 6th and put it into 2nd at 80mph.

Oh by the way, you missed an answer to a question earlier. Can you select any gear at any time in your car?

@transporter

all you keep going on is cost cost and cost if its so much of an issue then drive another car buddy.

Which one would you like me to drive? my 230bhp diesel van, one of my two old 4 litre Jeeps or my Is 200 manual? all of which are very well maintained and I choose to own for their various merits.....My view is that the cars that peope chose to own should be robust enough for them to last without high maintainance costs... Unfortunately there are those who buy these money pits without realising the costs that will be involved when their fragile little gearboxes let go... The IS is a very robust machine, simple to maintain and repair and therefore in my opinion a very frugal car to run. It requires no exotic lubricants, special servicing down loads or special tools...I can't really think of a car that would suit me as well.... I think that you need to read what is written.

@transporter takes a lot to impress me ... so come off it

@matt - never asked you to film i asked for evidence and yes my Auto can shift from 5th to 2nd if the ecu deems safe for it to do so if that answers your question.

^^ I'm being very careful now when I take a sip.. especially after reading Knobbies sig..... oldforum5smiley.gifoldforum5smiley.gif

4 door Supra........ because it shares some of the bits of the engine block

Just got my misses a C180 last week. The window buttons are the same as in a McLaren SLR so we now call it an SLR. Off to get some badges of the bay.......

haha Ray do some research before you start typing ok, IS300 shares the same engine and i mean, block, head, crank, pistons, con rods as 98-2000 NA Toyota Supra. so is it a 4 door Toyota Supra?? Yes it is??

@transporter 130000k miles is still nothing on a 2JZ block even though my engine has done less than that figure. Its a Toyota machine so they meant to see a minimum of 300,000 miles before they start falling apart if taking care of so not sure what you wanted to prove there but hey..

IS300 shares the same engine and i mean, block, head, crank, pistons, con rods as 98-2000 NA Toyota Supra. so is it a 4 door Toyota Supra?? Yes it is

Do you get your drugs on prescription?

I'm trying to cook kids tea here but I can't stop laughing. You should go on telly..

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links