Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Is The Orange Lens In The Headlights For?

Hi,

As above really....and no it is not for my indicators. I have tried everything and it doesnt turn on, flash or do anything and it is really bugging me.

What is it?

IMG_0212_zps65b6d65b.jpg

Thanks,

Tom

.................unless it is just a pointless orange reflector...............

.................unless it is just a pointless orange reflector...............

That's it.

Thanks, its been bugging me for ages as I expected it do something a bit more functional :-)

It's a marker light, they are required for all cars in the USA. There should be a bulb that will glow it orange, if you have a look you will have a red marker on the rear side in the light cluster too.

It's a marker light, they are required for all cars in the USA. There should be a bulb that will glow it orange, if you have a look you will have a red marker on the rear side in the light cluster too.

I don't notice a bulb at all.

When you say glow orange, does it do this under certain conditions as it looks like it does nothing to me apart from act as a reflector

YTL2000 means that on US spec cars it's required as a marker light and will illuminate orange, a bit like DRLs. As it isn't required in this country it isn't functional, but saves them making a complete new unit for different countries specs.

The US headlight has slightly different functionality. It has two side markers per headlight. This reflector that we speak of has a LED bulb at its base in the US and it's more of DRL (always on) as Rich OB said. It is barely noticeable though.

See if you can spot it in the following video at about 4:10-4:20 mark

There is a whole thread on the US CL forum where people have got clear markers instead of amber ones and replaced the orange LED with a blue one. The results were still pretty disappointing because the LED is pretty low power.

Thanks guys, there's deffo no LED in the orange lens.

I've seen on the CL forums of people changing the lens colour but I actually don't mind the orange on a black car so may leave as is.

It was bugging me as I thought it may be more functional than I thought it was. I think you've all helped me solve this one now :-)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links