Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The 07 220d would have had the power source and the phono input too for sure. If you get the USB that will be a huge bonus. I plug my iPod into the USB and the whole lot comes up on the screen. It's brill.

i gotta admint reading some of these horror stories almost stopped be buying my 07 220 se last year, but i did anyway and i have to say i think i have been lucky. i love the car love the leather bum warmers/coolers and the rest of the comfort. i had only one hiccup when just before xmas last year the clutch pedal was sticking down so Lexus replaced the master cylinder and on inspection the changed a caliper too all FOC. i gotta admit though no matter how i drive i cant break above 35mpg! although i dont do alot of long journeys i only do about 6k a year :D

anyway tommorrow im picking up a 59 plate 220 se-1 with some18inch 5 spokes (lexus branded). :D and its cheaper tax !!!!

If you only do 6k a year why not get a petrol?

I think it's worth keeping in mind that most cars will have some form of creak at certain temps or over certain road conditions.

My car has a creak from what sounds like the door storage pocket when I hit bumps or pot holes. Some things you just have to live with.

I have been n BMW,Mercedes, Audi and Volkswagen and all have had there own little noises.

It's been said before, because the Lexus is pretty well put together you attend to notice the little things more.

You have to weigh things up but the fact is you could get another car with imitate or worse issues. At least most of these areas you have reported are fairly well documented and over time will most likely be sorted if you have the patience.

Carl

Hi there steve2006. What is your opinion on the is250?. I am on my second is200 now but by the end of the year i want to change. I am finding it difficult to choose. I dont want even start looking at the other german marques. Are the is250 as reliable as the is200? I have noticed some of the is250s is not as fully loaded at the is200`s i.e lack of sunroof and headlight washers etc.

The 250 is an excellent car. The 250 SELmm is fully loaded. Mind you I don't have the sunroof...but don't want one either...it impedes headroom far too much.

I had a 200 a few years back... this 250 is way better IMHO. Way better on mpg too!

If you can stretch to it the facelft 59 plate is a good bet. depends on your budget really.

I think it's worth keeping in mind that most cars will have some form of creak at certain temps or over certain road conditions.

My car has a creak from what sounds like the door storage pocket when I hit bumps or pot holes. Some things you just have to live with.

I have been n BMW,Mercedes, Audi and Volkswagen and all have had there own little noises.

It's been said before, because the Lexus is pretty well put together you attend to notice the little things more.

You have to weigh things up but the fact is you could get another car with imitate or worse issues. At least most of these areas you have reported are fairly well documented and over time will most likely be sorted if you have the patience.

Carl

The 250 is an excellent car. The 250 SELmm is fully loaded. Mind you I don't have the sunroof...but don't want one either...it impedes headroom far too much.

I had a 200 a few years back... this 250 is way better IMHO. Way better on mpg too!

If you can stretch to it the facelft 59 plate is a good bet. depends on your budget really.

Normski, I love my sunroof. In fact I have it open a lot as I find the gentle breeze over my head is preferred to the wind noise of having the windows open. Plus you get lots more sun in.

I'm only 5'10" but certainly never felt the roof was head restrictive.

Do you have a cone head? Lol.

Yeah I was in those tv ads! Well I am 6'2" and I found the sun roof in the is200 shoved the roof lining too low for my liking. When I sat in a 250 with a sunroof I found the same problem..so I'm more than happy to go without.

As they say..each to his own.

Phew....managed to avoid any references to snow!

P.S. Did you get that you know what yet? Someone else has, and found it really useful already!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links