Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheel Refurb Advice

In the next month or so i will be refurbing my old standard 17's with the intention of selling them (tyres included). Just wanted some feedback as to what colour to paint them? Black, Silver or a Gunmetal Grey?

When finished they will be up for sale here first so thought some opinions would be good. P.s to mods, i will become a gold member before i try to sell so dont worry ;-)

Probably best just to go silver like standard mate. IMO they will look fine on any car that colour. However, that said if you find someone that wants them and says they want them black or gunmetal then do that. But I deffo think you are going to attract a wider audience if you do them silver.

Thats why i thought id ask here cos if i can id prefer to sell to someone on here. Obviously of the 3 choices silver would suit a wider audience but i think quite a few owners paint there wheels a different colour anyway, no doubt cos its much cheaper than new alloys. Hopefully i get a few more replies and see what people think or maybe even a request lol.

• 2 weeks later...

My new rims are being rubbed down for a coat of Audi 'lava grey'. Charcoal grey-almost black but not quite. Did the same color on a mates fto and looked good.

Silver will probably get you a quicker sale, more mass appeal from those just tidying up their standard motor. More adventurous modders might pay more for non-standard colour but you might have to wait longer to find them.

Just my 2p's worth

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links