Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Flip Key Fob Conversion, Is It That Simple?

Hey guys, I'm forever sitting on my car key in back pocket and I'm sure I'm gonna break it one day, I was thinking of getting a flip type of eBay and putting the guts of one of mine in and getting the blade cut . looking @ one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-GS300-LS400-RX300-3-Button-CONVERSION-Flip-Remote-Key-Fob-Case-/180912829346?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item2a1f3eb3a2 Has anyone done this, and is it as simple as getting a blade cut and using the internals of one of my 3 button keys?

yes guys

bought this few months back

straight fwd just have the blade cut and put in our existing transponder and you have yourself a brand new key fob.

then again it's not a good idea when you sitting on it as the flip out button can be easily press and ended damaged it

yes guys

bought this few months back

straight fwd just have the blade cut and put in our existing transponder and you have yourself a brand new key fob.

then again it's not a good idea when you sitting on it as the flip out button can be easily press and ended damaged it

Great, Cheers for that. I think I'll buy one! :driving:

Had one for 6 months. Blade cost £7 to cut, swapped over internals and been using it ever since. Flip button is a little sensitive and can easily be flipped in your pocket, but on the whole it's been fine. Bit too bulky for my liking, so I'm on the lookout for a better alternative (ideally something the same shape and size as an Audi or Kia flip key, and then see if the buttons can be cloned)

Had mine now for over 3 years and still going strong, i did over wind the spring on the blade to make it spring out faster and stronger as i thought it was a bit on the limp side lol...

As said above, a bit on the bulky side but nothing you dont get used to, but their not the best in build quality i'd give them a 6-7 out of 10 for build quality but 10 out of 10 for style and praticality...

But i'd get another one if this one ever gives up the ghost and dies...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links