Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Connecting An Ipod To Factory Audio System

Hi all

Been playing my IPod through the casette player using one of those cassette player adapter thingy's but the sound reproduction is pants.

Is there an easy way to add an Aux facility some other way?

This has come up before and I thought people were getting good sound from the cassette adapter so it might be your cassette.

I use a Pure Highway which is brilliant you might want to have a look at that as I seem to remember its not an easy job tapping into the wiring loom to fit any other adapter. Mike

re pure , what is the sound like , the problem with a wired unit is you loose the sub and thats a no no.

The sound is perfect for speech and music. When I decided to buy a system to enable digital radio this was by far the best especially for the money. We already have a terrific sound system so I didn't want to compromise that and the Pure is just perfect for the job.

My garage fitted it took only an hour and the way it works is that it picks up the digital signal through an aerial that is stuck to the inside of your windscreen and the on the same aerial transmits it to the aerial on the car. You don't notice the aerial on the windscreen.

I have had the occasional loss of digital signal but thats when you through valleys especially if they are heavily wooded but other than that 98% perfect.

Mike

DSC01275.jpg

DSC01277.jpg

I use the cassette adapter, it does sound dull sometimes, to cure it i just poke a finger into the cassette hole with tape still in and just move the cassette a touch, cures the dullness.

I know the sound quality is nowhere near pin sharp but hey, it was only £3 for the adapter.

Colleague at work has one of these installed and it's awesome, apart from the external aerial part, does look a bit big and ungainly..

http://www.pure.com/product/highway-300di-vl-61716/

Going to sort one myself soon i hope

Decided to give the cassette adapter one more try by buying a 'branded' one rather that the £1.50 cheapie off Ebay.

If that fails its the Pure gadget provided I can fit it in the front centre armrest.

I posted some pics above of mine fitted to the center consul.

Mike

As a matter of curiosity Bluesman, what method you used to fix the unit to your console in front of the gear selector, and is it easy removable if you park in a car-park?

As a matter of curiosity Bluesman, what method you used to fix the unit to your console in front of the gear selector, and is it easy removable if you park in a car-park?

Well, the fixing to to the center consul is very technical and may involve reading into the dark wee small hours of the morning to ensure that you get it right. Blue Tack. Its only connected by two plugs, power and arial and it has an internal Battery so you don't lose your presets and setup but I have never bothered if I was bothered about having it nicked I would just throw a scarf or something similar to cover it. Mike

What model no is your pure , is it the onethat works trough the radio , i really want usb but there not out there

Yes works through the radio by transmitting from its aerial to the car aerial. I was a little skeptical at first but it performs really well. Pure Highway in-car DAB radio, I don't think it has a model number. I went for it after reading reviews and all in all it came up best in its price and field.

What model no is your pure , is it the onethat works trough the radio , i really want usb but there not out there

Model number is here PURE Highway VL-60905UK

Transmits a signal for your radio to tune in to, says it has a mini USB for updates etc

Specifications are here http://www.pure.com/...60905/#Overview

Hi all

Been playing my IPod through the casette player using one of those cassette player adapter thingy's but the sound reproduction is pants.

This has come up before and I thought people were getting good sound from the cassette adapter so it might be your cassette.

I use a Pure Highway which is brilliant you might want to have a look at that as I seem to remember its not an easy job tapping into the wiring loom to fit any other adapter. Mike

Bought a Phillips MP3 cassette adapter and sound reproduction is near audio output quality so think I'll stay with this for the time being.

Hi all

Bought a Phillips MP3 cassette adapter and sound reproduction is near audio output quality so think I'll stay with this for the time being.

Brilliant another one solved. Happy HiFi motoring Mike

Hi Bluesman. I bought a Pure Highway three weeks ago following a post some months back. I am very pleased with it. Whereas the ariel cable is

quite easy to fit and conceal I find the cigarette lighter adapter a bit of a pain (I like to use my lighter and those multiple adapters do not work well).

Is there a simple way to wire the adapter cable into the electrics ? It is a shame that the Battery operation does not work in the car. A tip to those who

might be buying a Pure Highway - do not use the self adhesive to fit the ariel to the screen (use Sellotape) if you want to transfer it to another car at

a later date.

I bought mine at John Lewis (Brent Cross). They had delisted it but I had a tip off by the lady in charge of the DAB section that she had two in the back.

There might still be one left. It cost £49.99 as compared to nearly £100 on amazon. She said there were still some at John Lewis Aberdeen.

Hi Bluesman. I bought a Pure Highway three weeks ago following a post some months back. I am very pleased with it. Whereas the ariel cable is

quite easy to fit and conceal I find the cigarette lighter adapter a bit of a pain (I like to use my lighter and those multiple adapters do not work well).

Is there a simple way to wire the adapter cable into the electrics ? It is a shame that the battery operation does not work in the car. A tip to those who

might be buying a Pure Highway - do not use the self adhesive to fit the ariel to the screen (use Sellotape) if you want to transfer it to another car at

a later date.

I bought mine at John Lewis (Brent Cross). They had delisted it but I had a tip off by the lady in charge of the DAB section that she had two in the back.

There might still be one left. It cost £49.99 as compared to nearly £100 on Amazon. She said there were still some at John Lewis Aberdeen.

Hi Stericker

The Battery is I think you will find is just to keep the memory going so you don't keep losing the memory settings.

Mine is wired into the cigarette lighter, I didn't do the job but its easy enough to do by lifting the center console, they only charged me for an hours labour.

Glad your happy with it. Mike

Check the Clublexus US forum, there is an iPod/iPhone connection guide.

Uses the Line out, not headphone jack for best quality. I've hooked it up in my car, took 3 hours start to finish and I love it.

Cost me maybe £20-30 in bits

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links