Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Going To Scotland

My wife and I are going to Scotland in May and I'll be driving from South Wales to Jedborough. From there we will be driving around Scotland. Edinburgh, Inverness, St Andrews, Isle of Skye, Fort William, Glasgow. Can't wait. Need to work out where the petrol stations are though . . .

Caerphilly to Jedborough - 365 miles. Can I do it without stopping? 6 hours 30 minutes. Hmmmm heated seats.

Hi Stuart, you should be able to manage 365 miles to a tank, unless you're really hammering it down the A-roads :driving:

I recently went on a roadtrip in my IS200 (shown below), 3000 miles in total and cost me £600 in petrol, and this included a lap around the 'ring and maxing her out on the autobahn. On the whole, I was doing around 400 miles to a tank on this trip.

222027_10152119368135113_1529603085_n_zps8297d07b.jpg

Here is an app that you guys may find useful. At any given instant, it tells you where the nearest fuel station is, and what the prices are. May be helpful to plan your pitstops:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.whatgas.android

I'm sure there should be an iPhone/Blackberry/Windows phone equivalent too

EDIT: turns out they do :P

http://www.whatgas.com/mobi/index.html

Edited by LexIS200Sport

My wife and I are going to Scotland in May and I'll be driving from South Wales to Jedborough. From there we will be driving around Scotland. Edinburgh, Inverness, St Andrews, Isle of Skye, Fort William, Glasgow. Can't wait. Need to work out where the petrol stations are though . . .

Caerphilly to Jedborough - 365 miles. Can I do it without stopping? 6 hours 30 minutes. Hmmmm heated seats.

Did a similar(ish) run in my 220D to Scotland for a family wedding up near Aberdeen a couple years back. Bournemouth to Scotland via Bristol, to collect son, best part of 630 miles. Really good drive and got up to 54mpg too! Both boys had a go at driving and liked the car a lot too. Bristol lad now has the car. We scuttled off around Balmoral and the lochs for a few days. Then returned in one hit door to door. This time sharing the driving with wifey.

Hope you enjoy it too.

Hi Stuart,

In December last year I drove my sportcross from Cardiff (home) to the centre of Edinburgh on a beautiful winter day. Did the trip in 7hrs, arrived fresh & relaxed after 395 miles.

Didn't need to fuel up until Berwick upon Tweed on the way home, 450 miles.

I've had my is200 10 months now and am staggered how comfortable it was to drive to Scotland.

When the weather improves, I will add some photos.

How have Lexus Cardiff treated you Stu?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links