Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Where To Service Is300 Near East London

avbhp

Hi, First of all thanks for reading, I haven't been on here for ages but I need some advice.

I have an 04 is300 for two years but have hardly used it, I have barely put 2000 miles on the clock in this time and its on something like 78000. I have neglected it. It's not been serviced for two years and its about time it was. The fluids still look ok and it seems fine.

I just wanted to know what kind of service I should do as it has not reached the next mileage service interval and is there a place you would recommend in or near East London. The car has a cold air intake and no air box. Even though I haven't used it much it has been driven hard.

do you think a regular garage can give it a service?

thanks again

Hi where are you in east London and how much of a service do you want

Thanks guys, its Ilford. probably looking for a full service also noticed a dodgy sounding squeak from one of the serpentine belt accessories, needs a look at.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I live in Ilford also. I have an IS200 & my car was in the same situation as yours as in it had not been serviced for a while by the previous owner. I only found this out after I bought the car from my uncle who assured me it was serviced regularly.

I got some quotes from local garages saying they could do a full service for £160 - £200 including parts and oil. The spark plugs cost £85 new from Lexus or £72 if use NGK. If you put in a good quality oil that's another £50-£60. How can anyone service the car for that price when the parts alone come close to that.

The key issue for me was if the spark plugs needed changing as these are not cheap. I took my car to BNW on the high road as Stewart services my BMW and knows what he is talking about plus I know he does what he says.

I bought the parts from Lexus Woodford, air filter, oil filter, pollen filter, spark plugs. I told them that I could get the parts from Lexus Birmingham on eBay for less than they had quoted, they gave me a discount and it came to £105 for the above parts. In hindsight I should have bought the oil as well as this was expensive Stewart uses Fuchs and put the best stuff put in the car (£65), he also supplied and changed the brake fluid.

The only jobs left now are the gearbox oil and diff oil as I'm not sure when these were last changed. I'm going to see if Lexus Woodford will match or better the quotes from Lexus Bradford and Lexus Leeds to change this.

The other people are Westfield motors in Rayleigh 01268783205. Just be wary of anyone quoting you a really cheap price, because it will come down to the quality of the parts are quality of the oil. These cars are bulit proof if serviced properly. As for the air box look on eBay or contact IS300/2011 on eBay he breaks IS300 & IS200.

Hope that helps

Hi i have my own workshop in leyton and have worked on a few is200 if you have some service history like when the plugs where last changed etc you can save some money if they have not been in for 40.000 miles then they do not need to be replaced but if you have no service history then you will have to start from scratch.Had one in a month ago just for a oil change and check over asked the customer if the cam belt had been done he said that he had just bought it and the previous owner had it replaced .So done the service and as he was a good customer { we repair his trucks } i had a quick look at the cam belt there was about 10mm of belt left the idler had not been replaced .So what ever garage you use give them as much information as you can this will help them and could save you money

Hi Clifton 94, you are 100% right. When I started to look at the service history of my car and where it had been serviced and the what those garages were saying I knew that they did not know what they were talking about. My uncle had trusted these people and that they were doing the work they said they were doing. When I had the spark plugs checked, these had not been changed since 2006. The pollen filter had never been changed from new. My uncle stopped using the main dealer because the cost was to high compared to mileage he was doing. He was averaging 3000-5000 miles a year. The car is now 13 years old and has only done 72k.

I bought the car cheap, but I've had to spend money on it. Like they say "its not the mileage but how the previous owner has kept the car that makes the difference when buying a used car".

Can you PM your details as I'd like to bring the car down to get the timing belt checked as I've been told this has been replaced. Having been to the garage which was meant to have done this, I'm not filled with confidence.

I also recently found out mine wasnt serviced as recently as i thought after checking the mileage on the MOT history. Ive always done the basic service on my cars myself anyway, its easy and loads cheaper, just waiting for it to get a bit warmer

Thanks for all the replies I decided to give it a basic service myself because as has been said how can servicing be so cheap when parts are so expensive, seems dodgy to me. I will look into the tips for next time when it's warmer, I will take a look at the paperwork to find more info. Some garages use cheaper non genuine parts and that's iffy.

Hi, First of all thanks for reading, I haven't been on here for ages but I need some advice.

I have an 04 is300 for two years but have hardly used it, I have barely put 2000 miles on the clock in this time and its on something like 78000. I have neglected it. It's not been serviced for two years and its about time it was. The fluids still look ok and it seems fine.

I just wanted to know what kind of service I should do as it has not reached the next mileage service interval and is there a place you would recommend in or near East London. The car has a cold air intake and no air box. Even though I haven't used it much it has been driven hard.

do you think a regular garage can give it a service?

thanks again

servicing at JEM lexus is £119.99 for interim and full service is £219.99. havent used thier services before but they based in London and have runing the garage since 1975 so must be doing something right. I tend to buy my filter and oil and take it to my trusted garage near me to do the oil change for £30 labour. all works out just around £80 in total service book dont get stamped but i keep all purchase reciepts for proof of work done if and when i come to sell it on.

http://www.jemlexus.co.uk/servicingQuote.php

to check the belt just take the top timing cover off and have a look i think on the is300 the belt mileage is 100.000miles or ten years. The is200 is 60.000 or 6 years if you look in the forums you will see a walk through of the belt change if you fancy having a go yourself

Having visited the garages that said they had serviced the car and the one that said it had changed the timing belt, I do not feel confident in the work that they have done. I'd rather have someone who knows what they are doing look at the car. There is no way I'm going to attempt to change the belt.

As mentioned earlier if I can bring the car down to you, I'd rather do that. Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links