Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Radiator And Rocker Gasket Leak Problems Can You Advise Please

jamesey

hi after the car getting stuck last night & having steam coming from under the bonnet i checked only to find the original radiator having a small leak at the bottom ,i could smell coolant aswell , also i seem to have wet oil just starting to come from the rocker cover where the gasket is above the manifold.

my question is how hard is it to change the rad , i have working a/c and would hate to have to discharge that can it be done without. also is the manual and auto rads different ive noticed 2 outlets at the buttom of the rads on eBay pics?

also what can be done with the gasket leaking? cheers

2001 is200 sport auto 150k and counting.

Ive heard its quite a easy job and just a straight swap, but dont quote me on that. Radiators are also cheap to buy as i was looking to replace mine not long ago. thats all i know.

No. I didnt end up buying one in the end as the leak i had was actually from my washer jets. So i stopped looking into it. Im sure theres some info on the LOC somewhere...

Since your leak is at the bottom i would deff try and using a leak fixing solution. ive heard this stuff is pretty good:

http://www.amazon.co...&hvptwo=&hvqmt=

This is classed as a temporary measure but have heard of it holding up pretty good for a while. why not give it a whirl for a fiver. Just dont expect it to fix it instantly as it take a while to work its way to the leak...

gasket leaks can be fixed by taking the gasket off and re-sealing the seams. like this:

I watch alot of scotty kilmers videos, i find them very useful

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links