Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Oil?

full synthetic if you can! Opie does good deals but Eurocarparts are still doing 25% off on Oil and other parts. and you can either pick up from any of thier branches or they deliver for free. picked up 8 litres of Petronas Syntium 5W-30 over the weekend and had my oil change done with the filter below. car feels and responds A1. :)

you also get sump plug washer aswell.its Lexus Birminghams eBay store so its 100% genuine part.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170971980051?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

Also needed this info. Thanks noby. but will i get away with buying 4L?

Also, euro car parts are doing a free OEM oil filter with any oil, are they as good as genuine toyota one?

Update. Found a old thread saying

1G-FE oil change only=3.9 Liters
1G-FE oil change with filter=4.1 Liters

Is it also good practic to replace sump plug with a magnetic one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-Sourer-Magnetic-Sump-Plug-/310295051883?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483f06be6b

Update. Found a old thread saying

1G-FE oil change only=3.9 Liters

1G-FE oil change with filter=4.1 Liters

Is it also good practic to replace sump plug with a magnetic one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lexus-IS200-Sourer-Magnetic-Sump-Plug-/310295051883?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483f06be6b

DONT buy one , i bought one ready for oil change and they are too small.

• Like 1

ok what about oil filter. shall i go for a K&N or HKS sports oil filter or just stick to genuine toyota?

I use k&n ones, never had any issues and they are a doddle to remove due to the nut on the end of the can to use a spanner on, no fart arsing around with filter wrenches.

Cheers lads....especially Noby!!

I used Eurocarparts and ordered some Valvoline fully synthetic 5w-30, pretty cheap too!! Took your advice and ordered the oil filter from Lexus Birmingham as well !!

I've just had mine changed using valvoline, used hks filter though. Probably no better than oem, but got it cheap and it's a nice colour....LOL

Cheers guys!! Ordered my filter from Lexus and just purchased Valvoline Syn Power Full Synthetic 5w30.

Changing front discs and pads too. Got a Mintex Set for £70 Delivered

Ive decided to go for Castrol Edge 5w 30. K&N Air filter. K&N Oil filter. also trying to source a new sump plug

you would have received a free sump plug if you had gone for OE part from Lexus !! Not sure if they sell the sump plugs seperately tho but worth checking the condition of the one you currently have if its in good condition chaces are it will be ok for another 10k miles. The sump plug wasn't changed in my previous oil service and it was fine until my recent oil service. This was the fact that i used blue print oil filter previously which did not include sump plug but went for OE this time and it did so you should be ok with the existing one you have based on its condition.

Ive decided to go for Castrol Edge 5w 30. K&N Air filter. K&N Oil filter. also trying to source a new sump plug

you would have received a free sump plug if you had gone for OE part from Lexus !! Not sure if they sell the sump plugs seperately tho but worth checking the condition of the one you currently have if its in good condition chaces are it will be ok for another 10k miles. The sump plug wasn't changed in my previous oil service and it was fine until my recent oil service. This was the fact that i used blue print oil filter previously which did not include sump plug but went for OE this time and it did so you should be ok with the existing one you have based on its condition.
i havent ordeded yet actually. Think ive changed my mind tho! Saves hassle. Listings didnt mention sump plug incleded

Just notice something

changed the engine oil with Mobil one fully synthetic 'mix' with Lucas engine repair oil..... car sit there on weekends (sat n sun)

notice when i start up the engine can hear the engine make a funny sound can't describ what sound was....might be the oil too thick

after few minute its run smooth.... only happen when the engine not running in 2days

something i shud aware off??

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links