Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Tuning Noobie Here!

Its easyer and cheaper if you just strip the guts out of the car and add a new exhaust system new intake system new single mass flywheel and add nos. Will cost less than 1500 and will get to 60 a lot faster than a is300 or a turbo, d is200. Yes you wont have the top end speed but the speed limits onoy 70mph anyway..

oh right i see what you mean, so in reality how much of a budget could this be done on? im guessing it would be abit more than £2K

Maybe not

Manifold £150

Welding - free if you do it?

Turbo £100 for second hand

Black box will do if staying below 0.3 bar - £70

Intercooler - £100

Pipework and hoses - £100

Filter - £50

Down pipe fabrication by exhaust shop - £150 to £200

That's if you search for parts, and fit it yourself.

So is there a specific turbo really? or just a stock turbo off another car?

And these manifolds? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Lexus-1JZ-GTE-turbo-manifolds-Supra-Soarer-Drift-/300880611135?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460de1c73f

or this the one you on about? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/90-93-Toyota-Supra-JZA70-MK3-Turbo-Manifold-1JZ-GTE-MF6101A-/400397495847?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d398cee27

The eBay manifolds are a bit dodgy, go to Fensport or someone like that for a proper on and get a sport cat made. the exhaust itself is pretty good anyway so dont waste 400 quid for a couple of horses. Get the lightened flywheel and then go to TDI for a chip and the CamCon that can change when the cam comes in and then rolling road tuned. Would give you a much more "driveable" car for everyday. You wouldnt quite get the 0-60 or top speed of a turbo car but how many times can you actualy use that anyway for the expense?

Never sure about the comments to sell up and buy somethnig else. As well as it not being easy to sell anything at the moment and finding another car in the same condition and colours is never easy as is giving up your manual for an auto. I love my manual Red 200 with the smoked multispoke wheels and wouldnt swap it for any 300.

If you want cheap power, get an Octavia RS and do the chip, induction and exhaust swap and watch it disappear into the distance. I bought my Lexus for the look and the reliablity and happily forgo a little power to have something a little different to all the "repmobliles" or "boy racers" but thats just me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links