Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Won't Be Recommending This Lot To Anyone

I won't be recommending this lot to anyone not after today.

Today after speaking to someone at Gas & Go Swindon some days ago I tried to book my LS in to have the LPG looked at (it won't idle on gas & I even bought the software & connectors for my LPG system because I knew they didn't have them).

The guy I spoke to was as unhelpful as he could be. When I asked if I could book it in for a Saturday he was quite adamant, more than once, that they don't work weekends at which I pointed out that's not what their website says "Saturday by appointment"

He then told me that I would have to leave the car for at least a full day I said OK was there somewhere I could get something to eat etc at which point he said no & he might want it for longer. I pointed out I would be coming from Dorset & that I am disabled I asked how would I get home & he replied that "he had no idea"

At that point I got angry & said whoever I last spoke to was much more helpful than him & that he didn't want my business & that his website was & is misleading in that it does say they work Saturdays He replied that he would make a Saturday booking but on my inquiry he made it clear that no work would be carried out & all I would have been doing is delivering my LS & work wouldn't commence until next week. That being so I would be no better off.

Clearly their idea of customer service is a none starter so I strongly recommend that you DON'T use them

• Like 1

Oh dear, what a shame. I hope you find someone else locally who can do this work for you. My own experiences in this area haven't been entirely positive. But my mechanic has been brilliant at working through the one issue I had with my LPG system and all seems fine now. I hope you can get yours sorted soon.

• Like 1

Hi

I do not get surprised by the bad manners and lack of respect that we encounter in this day and age ,there are some people who should not be in any type of buisiness that means they interface with the general public they just hav'nt got the interpersonal skills.

It also as to be remembered that you are not dealing with upmarket marque vehicle personell the staff are not from Lexus dealerships as most of the Lexus brand are left as they are when purchased, ie; petrol fuelled.

This leads me onto the corrolation of hassle and lpg conversion.

I only do about three thousand miles a year so forking out the funds for a conversion and other considerations does not add up.

I have followed with interest the various and sometimes emotive comments regarding the subject of conversion to LPG and have come to the conclusion that unless you are using the car as a high miler it is not worth the hassle.

• Like 1

Oh dear, what a shame. I hope you find someone else locally who can do this work for you. My own experiences in this area haven't been entirely positive. But my mechanic has been brilliant at working through the one issue I had with my LPG system and all seems fine now. I hope you can get yours sorted soon.

Thanks already have & they are local. I only chose Gas & Go because someone recommended them

Get my refurbed LS back today New tyers, Discs, pads, suspension brackets & bushes, can't wait to drive it

Hi

I do not get surprised by the bad manners and lack of respect that we encounter in this day and age ,there are some people who should not be in any type of buisiness that means they interface with the general public they just hav'nt got the interpersonal skills.

It also as to be remembered that you are not dealing with upmarket marque vehicle personell the staff are not from Lexus dealerships as most of the Lexus brand are left as they are when purchased, ie; petrol fuelled.

This leads me onto the corrolation of hassle and lpg conversion.

I only do about three thousand miles a year so forking out the funds for a conversion and other considerations does not add up.

I have followed with interest the various and sometimes emotive comments regarding the subject of conversion to LPG and have come to the conclusion that unless you are using the car as a high miler it is not worth the hassle.

Mine was converted in 2002, long before I bought it

I am sorry you have had problems as it gives LPG motoring a bad name and it isnt. Its no hassle having an LPG system installed as long as it is installed correctly. Sadly in this country anything that is new like LPG installation and every cowboy including John Wayne starts up a con business ripping off as many people as they can.

I know the people I always recommend, Profess has recently installed another LOC members LS and it has a problem but this looks like its a componant failure which is no ones fault other than the company that made the componant and I have full confidence that Profess will sort it out quickly and to the LOC members full satisfaction.

One day they will bring in the same type of scheme that gas installers in your house have to beong to and that is Corgi Registered and if your not then you commit a criminal offence.

Happy LPG motoring Mike

I am sorry you have had problems as it gives LPG motoring a bad name and it isnt. Its no hassle having an LPG system installed as long as it is installed correctly. Sadly in this country anything that is new like LPG installation and every cowboy including John Wayne starts up a con business ripping off as many people as they can.

I know the people I always recommend, Profess has recently installed another LOC members LS and it has a problem but this looks like its a componant failure which is no ones fault other than the company that made the componant and I have full confidence that Profess will sort it out quickly and to the LOC members full satisfaction.

One day they will bring in the same type of scheme that gas installers in your house have to beong to and that is Corgi Registered and if your not then you commit a criminal offence.

Happy LPG motoring Mike

Gawd I hope not Mike. Compulsory Registration would be a bloody nightmare like everything else government touches.

Incidentally I'm not being critical of Gas & Go's ability to install LPG just their none existence customer care . After all I've never experienced their fitting service but if their customer care is anything to go by I don't want to either

Happy LPG motoring Mike

Gawd I hope not Mike. Compulsory Registration would be a bloody nightmare like everything else government touches.

Incidentally I'm not being critical of Gas & Go's ability to install LPG just their none existence customer care . After all I've never experienced their fitting service but if their customer care is anything to go by I don't want to either

It can only get better. Mike

Happy LPG motoring Mike

Hi the problem I have is Hew at profess new the component was faulty when I picked the car up & promised me it would be OK.

Now it doesn't run on gas at all. The tank is full & I will have to make the 400 mile round trip this weekend to get it fixed & again next weekend for the 1000 mile callibration. Hew informed me today that they will only be able to look at it at 4pm Saturday earliest & they will be closed on Sunday. He should not have let it go out knowing it was faulty.

Happy LPG motoring Mike

Hi the problem I have is Hew at profess new the component was faulty when I picked the car up & promised me it would be OK.

Now it doesn't run on gas at all. The tank is full & I will have to make the 400 mile round trip this weekend to get it fixed & again next weekend for the 1000 mile callibration. Hew informed me today that they will only be able to look at it at 4pm Saturday earliest & they will be closed on Sunday. He should not have let it go out knowing it was faulty.

I dont understand why if they knew the car had a faulty componant on it why they let it go in the first place? Mike

It was 4pm Sunday & the tank was full of gas, Hew wasn't supposed to be working & the boss was away. I am not that impressed with Hew I certainly wouldn't employ him. I have a toyota powervan that needs converting I think I will be going back to Battersea Autogas for that. A bit more expensive but it would have been cheaper for me on the lexus in hindsight with the 3 journeys to Wales. I would have had a BRC system aswell.

It was 4pm Sunday & the tank was full of gas, Hew wasn't supposed to be working & the boss was away. I am not that impressed with Hew I certainly wouldn't employ him. I have a toyota powervan that needs converting I think I will be going back to Battersea Autogas for that. A bit more expensive but it would have been cheaper for me on the lexus in hindsight with the 3 journeys to Wales. I would have had a BRC system aswell.

When you go back make sure you see the governer and make sure you tell him everything including just how much it has cost you because of Hews poor customer service. Mike

I will do, the problem is I am beholden to them due to the warranty otherwise I would take it somewhere else to get it sorted, they have broken my maf sensor casing not fitted the filler correctly & fitted a dodgy valve in the tank it worries me what other short cuts have been made, They had the car from 10 am Friday to 4pm Sunday called me in Saturday to collect it at 6pm phoned me at 5.50 to say I could collect on Sunday 4 pm. I was 10 mins away so went in as Hew said they would finish it then, when I turned up the job wasn't half done. I said I would go back to where I was staying 50 miles away & collect on Sunday as I didn't want the job rushed. Turned up Sunday & it still wasn't ready . Hew still Charged me for the gas in the loan car for the wasted journey & £100 more for the job than another member paid a couple of weeks previous on his 430 . The place was in chaos & it seems Hew doesn't give a damm. His knowledge of lpg regs is also lacking. I am hoping that Leon is a lot more professional & has got the place back in order.

I will do, the problem is I am beholden to them due to the warranty otherwise I would take it somewhere else to get it sorted, they have broken my maf sensor casing not fitted the filler correctly & fitted a dodgy valve in the tank it worries me what other short cuts have been made, They had the car from 10 am Friday to 4pm Sunday called me in Saturday to collect it at 6pm phoned me at 5.50 to say I could collect on Sunday 4 pm. I was 10 mins away so went in as Hew said they would finish it then, when I turned up the job wasn't half done. I said I would go back to where I was staying 50 miles away & collect on Sunday as I didn't want the job rushed. Turned up Sunday & it still wasn't ready . Hew still Charged me for the gas in the loan car for the wasted journey & £100 more for the job than another member paid a couple of weeks previous on his 430 . The place was in chaos & it seems Hew doesn't give a damm. His knowledge of lpg regs is also lacking. I am hoping that Leon is a lot more professional & has got the place back in order.

I am speechless. Mike

Disgraceful! Demand repayment of your costs

Washed the car today & there are light scratches on top of the wings where no protection has been used while working on it.

I think i'm in for an argument on Saturday.

Appalling who works on a Lexus without covering the wings...........clearly only an idiot who doesn't give a toss or perhaps he's one of those Welshman who hates the English

Sounds like it was your day to have the **** fall on him from an almighty height.

I dont envy you on Saturday, I dont like being done over and wont backdown from an argument but hate having to do it because if they had any intelligence at all they would realise that you are already upset and the worse thing they can do is throw even more petrol on an already inflamed situation. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that sense prevails. Mike

Mark - sorry to hear of your recent bad experience of Profess. I have been contemplating where to get mine converted and my choices were Profess, Leeds LPG and Battersea Autogas. I am really tempted now to go to Battersea Autogas but got confused when they said when I enquired recently that they would use a Levato system and that I must have the flashlube fitted.

I then registered with the LPG Forum and there seemed to be a difference of opinion with the flashlube.

You have had a few cars converted over the years, in your view should i insist on a BRC system and forget the flashlube.

Mark - sorry to hear of your recent bad experience of Profess. I have been contemplating where to get mine converted and my choices were Profess, Leeds LPG and Battersea Autogas. I am really tempted now to go to Battersea Autogas but got confused when they said when I enquired recently that they would use a Levato system and that I must have the flashlube fitted.

I then registered with the LPG Forum and there seemed to be a difference of opinion with the flashlube.

You have had a few cars converted over the years, in your view should i insist on a BRC system and forget the flashlube.

I had the BRC system & it was fine, they insisted on fitting the flash lube & done it for free in the end, when it ran out I never refilled it. I found the customer service superb & they were very informative & enthusiastic. Systems have advanced over the years. Go and speak with them I am sure they will advise you on the best system for your car. I will be taking my toyota powervan to them. My better half is working directly opposite them at the moment & says they have bentlys & alike in there for conversion. My Lexus might end up in there if I don't get a satisfactory result at the weekend. As I will contact my card company to reverse the transaction if things go bad on Saturday.

Sounds like it was your day to have the **** fall on him from an almighty height.

I dont envy you on Saturday, I dont like being done over and wont backdown from an argument but hate having to do it because if they had any intelligence at all they would realise that you are already upset and the worse thing they can do is throw even more petrol on an already inflamed situation. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that sense prevails. Mike

I only hope that Leon is there if its only Hew there is going to be an almighty bust up.

I only hope that Leon is there if its only Hew there is going to be an almighty bust up.

Tell 'em the members of LOC are up in arms

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links