Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Economy Is Good!

Haha only in our dreams Ray..... :whistling:

I reset the thing when I picked it up and done about 50 miles home on backroads 50 odd MPH. We'll see what it does on the school runs when we're back. I used to get 28MPG out of my 2.3 900 vert years ago so I expect this to be better being a 2.0T

Cheers Stuart.

:blink: @ your trip-o-meter :blink:

We'll see what mine will do. Bought it last Saturday but have to wait till we get back to drive it. I hate buying cars before you go away!

Ray not sure if I said but I really like your Saab fella! :)

I've always liked them, my old boss had a 95 aero I think, looked so nice. I parked it for him once, it's a nice place to be inside!

Cheers Chris,

I went to look at an Aero HOT vert but the engine had a knocking noise and didn't want to risk it. The IS was already sold so I had no car and had to move quick so bought an SE. Still a nice car but no memory seats and Aero body kit.

I had a 900 convertible before (same shape) but this is so much more refined and the hydraulic roof just pi$ses over the mechanical roof.

Only done 50 odd miles in the thing but shall be taking it out bank holiday Monday as we're back on Sunday. Quite looking forward actually...

This is my old 900

HPIM2452.jpg

• 9 months later...

Was doing a 265 miles trip last summer when I visited a friend in Europe and thought it would be good to record how the 300 does on fuel. Was just the car and me with a small bag traveling and road was 50-45-5% motorway - A roads - City driving.

Didnt drive like a grandpa tried to keep to speed limits, also had the PWR switched on all the time for better respond when overtaking. Was a bit worried she wont make it to the petrol station I filled up before the trip but not just did she went over it as I stopped at a different fuel station closer to where I stay. Didnt fill the tank fully so dont know the exact mpg.

Here is how she did, my best one so far out of a full tank:

Managed to drive (on A roads) 86.5miles when the fuel indicator got to the first big mark

tyv9.jpg

0kvg.jpg

u3cc.jpg

a75x.jpg

wf7c.jpg

aa8h.jpg

mwye.jpg

• Like 1

I've had 498 miles to a tank. Now you've set down a challenge! They do well in steady conditions, I reckon it takes 30 miles to fully warm up the drivetrain etc. What tyres are you on? Does anyone think "eco" tyres make any difference?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links