Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just Bought A Gs430, 55 Plate ..

montesquieu

Hi all. Just picked up one of these. Originally went to a local Lexus dealer and came close to a deal on a GS 300 SE, 05 plate, 45k miles. Nice car but no sunroof and I'm a bit tired of silver.

Honda dealer nearby had a GS 430. With the big sunroof, in that really nice metallic grey. 46k miles, 55 plate (so six months newer). £1k less and they matched the trade-in price on the Saab. Signed there and then.

Picking up on Tuesday. Only flaw seems one of the 18in alloys is a bit marked. I'll have it refurbed in winter (need to source some winter tyres - any tips on best place to get some in eastern part of Berkshire? No rush, having said that.)

Best of all - taxed till September. :)

First Lexus I've owned after many years of assorted Saabs and Jags. Though I did drive an LS400 when it first came out in the early 90s and was well-impressed. Enjoyed the test-drive - very relaxed.

Off topic, but which Saab did u have, I'm on the lookout for a facelift 9-3 at the moment

9-5 Aero Anniversary estate ... nice enough car, my 10th Saab in fact since the mid-80s, and my third 9-5. Bit of a gap between this and my previous ones, I had more or less the same car (pre Dame Edna facelift) 2002-4, then a break for quite a few years driving assorted XJs (X308) but went for the famlliar when it was last time for a change ....

Going back was a big mistake though it would have been better left in happy memory. The world has moved on since this car was launched in 1997 and despite all the kit, it really isn't a 5-series competitor they way it might once have been. The additional mistake was buying it off a Saab dealer about six weeks before Saab went bust. SERIOUS depreciation almost instantly.

So where does an ex-Saab driver go now? Not German for sure (3 series = the New Cortina). Volvos are ok but uninspiring. There's nothing French worth buying. XF is stll too pricey, late plate S type just as old a design as the Saab. Most recent 'old' XJ was in the running but also felt a bit like going backwards. So Lexus is a new direction for me. We'll see if it works out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links