Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quick Question On Geometry

ah crap. thanks mate. do you know where i can get them? Im getting them done tomorrow as the outside of my near side front tyre is wearing excessively. A mate is doing it but i reckon he will only have the normal ones. I heard you can get them if you become a gold member but I cant afford to right now.

cheers

:( oh poo. Looks like ill have to try and work something out then. Maybe ill give them a ring tomorrow then and see what they say. Its too far away for me really and if I could get away with leaving it for a while I would but the tyre will be wrecked if I leave it too much longer. Its only gonna cost me £20 to get it done by my mate which at the moment helps alot. Thanks for the help though lads.

Have Lexus now conceded that there was a problem with OEM geomerty and have now modified their setting in line with WIM findings or am I mistaken.

To conclude

Lexus are aware of the problem and my solution but they never/ haven't offered a in house solution. Look at this denial in a monitory factor.... If Lexus confess to a geometric error the corrections and recompense for tyres would cost them millions.

The entire problem for the IS 200/ 300/ SC is the low geometric castor angle? A what angle you must think! well this castor position on the front wheels is how advanced the lower ball joint is compared to the upper pivitol point? so what you might think but in the real world that lower ball joint actually pulls the steering forward generating directional stability...... Well that's all good and fine so Lexus design team thought but a low castor and a low camber, plus the Achkrman effect meant the camber position ( on turn ) is to deep..... Wholla Lexus you got the math wrong.

Hi Tony, thanks for sharing :)

Well that's all good and fine so Lexus design team thought but a low castor and a low camber, plus the Achkrman effect meant the camber position ( on turn ) is to deep..... Wholla Lexus you got the math wrong.

Just to take you up on that, I noticed that Mercedes-Benz also dial in aggressive camber change when the wheels are steered in most of their cars. In your experience, how does the front tyre wear compare to that of Lexus?

Interesting quote from "The Transporter"

My son has an IS200 Sport,had new tyres fitted by well known independant tyre company who also did four wheel geometry, some time later same problem with inside wear on front. Went back and complained and they stated that the geometry was set up as per softwear on equipment.

He had two new front tyres fitted and took old ones to Lexus garage who then set up the geometry again and he now finds that the original problem has been solved, Lexus charged about half of what the independant did !!

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links