Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help!!!....I'm completly lost here, I thought it was normal to get a bit less mpg on LPG conversions but cheaper cause of the price of LPG, can someone put me right? is it more mpg or a bit less than petrol but cheaper cause of the cost?

You get a bit less mpg actual 10 to 20 % but petrol is £1.32 a litre & gas 72p a litre. it works out you save around 35 to 40 % on your fuel bills. Equivalent mpg is worked out by the price it has cost you to fill with gas, then calculate how many gallons of petrol you would have got for that sum & divide that into the miles you did on the gas. = your equivalent mpg. I hope that's clear.

I get mid 40's equivalent on my normal commute near 50 on the autobahn mid 50s if I really try 62mph.

I don't use the brakes (52.000 miles out of my last set of lexus front pads on my last ls400).

The easy way to look at theoretical cost saving is - at my local LPG £73.8 - Premium petrol £1.38 per litre => LPG is 46.5% cheaper than petrol. Factor in 73% efficiency and you have a 34% cost saving. I think 73% is a little conservative for a large engined car drived "nicely".

I believe my real world numbers are 4.171 miles per litre on LPG (on a long run 273 miles 65.39 litres - not being that nice)

I could get 420 miles out of a full tank of petrol (and be crapping myself) which is 5 miles per litre - ish.

Which gives 19.8% more LPG used - a rough calculation but is works out.

Another check - 400 miles on petrol would caost me £115.92 (84 litre tank) - 400 miles on LPG £70 - £46 cheaper on LPG = 40% cheaper - that does it for me. It is cheaper in the real world than the theoretical one.

Bren

My head hurts !!!!!!!

Is it cheaper then on LPG (I'm only joking) Mike

No, because you drive more, in fact everywhere any excuse :whistling:

Where we live you have no choice. To get a pint of milk and a loaf of bread is a 14 mile round trip. Mike

I am a little countryfied here in South Northamptonshire - but still only an 8 mile round trip to the shops - at least I get the beast running on gas for part of the trip. Our local fuel prices are high - 74+ for LPG - and it make me very envious when I see 63p quoted from up North.

I must say I have grown out of going out for fun drives - 200K + in my 430 has done that :)

Bren

OK I understand how yout working it out now, thanks. Mark, what size tank did you have in & what was the option you chose not to have, thanks.

Hi I have a 95 litre tank in the spare wheel well it sits 30mm proud, tank size is 680 x 300 mm. I didn't have the flashlube as its not needed. Leon said I shouldn't have been offered this as its not needed.

Hi I have a 95 litre tank in the spare wheel well it sits 30mm proud,

30mm is not much, it really dont disrupt putting other stuff in does it? So 95litre is around 25 gal, is that about right? the petrol tank on my 95 has 85ltr capacity which is 22.5 gal, according to the good book.

What is Flashlube? sounds a bit like something to put on ones hair.

I emaled porfess & got a load of info back from leon, I did not know we got a courtesy car, I knew you did but I thought that was to do with the problems, seems its normal procedure. I will get it done within this next 2 weeks, based on recent events I doubt theres a dealer in UK who can equal Profess/Leons standard of customer care & service.

Hi a 95 litre tank will give apx 80 litre fill, Yes you get a courtesy car if you need it, I had it for a week while mine was being sorted.

Flashlube is a valve lube system not needed on the ls 400 .

My conversion is running like a dream I will be there Saturday week for my 1000 mile inspection & re calibration.

Your pride & joy will be in good hands.

Morrisons up here in Liverpool are selling LPG for 68.9 at the moment :flowers: .

We down here in the very super duper awesomely rich South of England were paying 68p but recently went up to 70p.

This is a Calour Gas depot, always worth finding if you have one round your way as they are normally always cheaper than your local garges. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links