Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ct200H Advance Display/nav Unit

pangster

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting a CT200h and mroe specifically the Advance model as the extras seem to stack up quite favourably against the cost difference of the SE.

The question I have is around the in built dash display. On most other CT200h models the display flips up with the power and you have the mouse/controller in the centre console. On the Advance - it looks as though the screen is fixed in position and the controller is some kind of touch sensitive ipod like wheel (and it also appears as though the screen is only used for the TomTom sat nav i.e. no air con settings, car informatione etc) - can anyone confirm if this is the case?

Thanks!

Dont have an advance, dont have sat nav, sorry Paul. cant answer.

no worries Wass!! - at least you replied!! LOL!.. :)

to be honest i'm stuck between the CT200h and the new Merc A Class A180 Sport (diesel) ... decisions, decisions..

My Dad and I drove them both quite by coincidence. I ended up with the CT however, my Dad preferred the Merc because it is easier to get in and out. However, he ended up with a 1.4 petrol cvt Yaris Spirit with all the wistles and bells.

• Like 1

My Dad and I drove them both quite by coincidence. I ended up with the CT however, my Dad preferred the Merc because it is easier to get in and out. However, he ended up with a 1.4 petrol cvt Yaris Spirit with all the wistles and bells.

was it the new a-class he had?: http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/mercedes-benz-a-class-a180-driven-2012-11-02

or was it the older shape?.. don't fancy the older shape to be honest - but the new one is very appealing as is the CT200h.. just trying to find out a bit more info about the Advance! LOL!

Sorry to mislead you Paul, we both drove the cars on demo I wasnt referring to owning the merc, I now own a CT and my dad now owns a Yaris. The A class merc we both drove was wearing a "11" plate at the time and neither of us was overly impressed enough to find out whether is was an up to date model or not.

• Like 1

Sorry to mislead you Paul, we both drove the cars on demo I wasnt referring to owning the merc, I now own a CT and my dad now owns a Yaris. The A class merc we both drove was wearing a "11" plate at the time and neither of us was overly impressed enough to find out whether is was an up to date model or not.

no worries Wass!! - that makes sense now as it was the facelift 'old' model you drove and I agree they were/are shocking!!.. the new a-class on the other hand looks a bit special.. if it drives half as good as it looks then my two questions above I'm still waiting on answers for might be moot points! LOL! :)

thanks again for the reply and clarification!

Advance screen is just a built in TomTom.

Thanks for the reply and clarification Sethy.. a waste of a good dash space.. apart from the fact that TomTom is gash - who needs a permanent dedicated sat nav screen in their car??.. apart from a taxi driver or someone who does mega travelling/miles..

Hello, hope am not late to answer some questions. I have a courtesy CT200h adv so any questions you have throw them this way. I have been driving it for a few days now and I reckon it will be going back in a couple days.

The screen is indeed a dedicated tom tom a very clever one infact. the ipod like control is not ipod like in operation there is no rotational ability its just a 4 way directional pad with a button in the middle, then below it you have Left, Right, Back, Menu, Map view 2D/3D buttons. The stereo is has usb, 3.5mm aux in, Bluetooth streaming audio playback and control.

There is also voice control buttons on the steering wheel that I have not figure out yet. I have not paired my phone via blue-tooth yet but perhaps that screen can be used with the phone will update you later. If you like you Lexus gadgetie like I do then go for the multimedia pack and if you have ever been exposed to a Mark Levinson sound system or even the premium audio for the 2002 IS200/IS300 you will feel the downgrade in the CT200h. Seats are lovely though.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links