Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Too Good To Be True?

I've just seen an IS-F for sale.

Not a Lexus dealer.

But long-standing respected dealer of prestige cars.

£25k

Only 21k miles.

MY2009 in Arctic Pearl White.

Fully loaded with FLSH.

I'm seriously interestd.

I'm going to have a closer look at it next week.

What are the main questions to ask the salesman about a car like this?

Argento

Not particularly cheap, as far as i can see, so pretty much at the right price to start negotiating. But if it all looks good, its still a lot of car for the money.

Well mine was 2010 26000 miles in white, later spec with LSD and uprated stereo £28000 back in Jan, so price sounds right

Thanks.

What is "LSD" again?

Argento

Not particularly cheap, as far as i can see, so pretty much at the right price to start negotiating. But if it all looks good, its still a lot of car for the money.

Ok noted thanks.

Argento

Is it the white one at Alexander's ?

Yes, that's the one.

Only 40 miles from me.

If its still for sale, probably go down to look at it this weekend.

Argento

LSD is Limited Slip Differential, my car has a mechanical one, the older models had an electronic system that worked in a similar way but aren't as effective.

Still if you aren't going to be at the ring every other weekend, you probably won't even notice it!

The upgraded stereo features are awesome though, but you can get an aftermarket kit to do that job anyway.

I reckon if you play the long game you could barter quite a bit of money off that asking price.

• Like 1

I've been on the ring with mine and it was fine (no LSD) and the electronic device has the adavantage of only working when you need it. Granted if there was a choice I'd take an LSD model. but since that didn't happen until 2010, the diffenece in price from my 2008 model was prohibitive for me at the time.

Just had a good look at the pictures and that's one nice looking ISF!

At 21k miles I'd have a good look at the tyres and brakes both may need changing, and the brakes are expensive.

I've done almost 20K in mine since I've had it and i've still got 40% left on the front pads, not sure when they were done, but they reported they were about half worn at the last service 10K after i'd had it. So if they do need doing or have been done then it will be a good indiaction that its already had a hard life.

If its still on its orginal rear tyres they will be close to needing a change I would think.

LSD is Limited Slip Differential, my car has a mechanical one, the older models had an electronic system that worked in a similar way but aren't as effective.

Still if you aren't going to be at the ring every other weekend, you probably won't even notice it!

The upgraded stereo features are awesome though, but you can get an aftermarket kit to do that job anyway.

I reckon if you play the long game you could barter quite a bit of money off that asking price.

Thanks.

As soon as I sent my post I realised what LSD meant!

Yes, nice to have.

But I do not think I would activate it very much.

Although, I would very much like to go to the Ring every other weekend.

Even if it just meant watching the other cars go round :-)

<The upgraded stereo features are awesome though, but you can get an aftermarket kit to do that job anyway.>

I'd be very interested in that.

Music is important to me both in and out of the car.

<I reckon if you play the long game you could barter quite a bit of money off that asking price.>

Yes.

I'm in no hurry.

I love my IS F-Sport

I just wish we could have the new 3.5l the US and others are getting ......

It's not fair.

Argento

I've been on the ring with mine and it was fine (no LSD) and the electronic device has the adavantage of only working when you need it. Granted if there was a choice I'd take an LSD model. but since that didn't happen until 2010, the diffenece in price from my 2008 model was prohibitive for me at the time.

MrW, noted.

Very useful to know.

I might use it if I try to get the price down.

That is, express disappointment that it has not got a LSD !

< the difference in price from my 2008 model was prohibitive for me at the time.>

Yes.

And imagine the cost of that if it needs replacing in the future!

Argento

At 21k miles I'd have a good look at the tyres and brakes both may need changing, and the brakes are expensive.

Looks to be a great car doesn't it?

White would not be a problem for me.

The best car I've had (bar the IS F-Sport of course!) was my Candy White Golf GTI MkV

<At 21k miles I'd have a good look at the tyres and brakes both may need changing, and the brakes are expensive.>

Noted. Thanks.

Argento

I've done almost 20K in mine since I've had it and i've still got 40% left on the front pads, not sure when they were done, but they reported they were about half worn at the last service 10K after i'd had it. So if they do need doing or have been done then it will be a good indiaction that its already had a hard life.

If its still on its orginal rear tyres they will be close to needing a change I would think.

<So if they do need doing or have been done then it will be a good indication that its already had a hard life.>

Good point.

I'll bear that in mind.

Previous history/ownership is important to me.

I'll enquire about that.

Argento

stevet, I meant to ask earlier.

Did you see the ad on PistonHeads by any chance?

It seems they advertise there sometimes.

Argento

Glenn1981, you probably won't see this in time.

How do I tell if its got < ...The upgraded stereo features are awesome though, ...>

I'm going to see it this pm, Tuesday .... ....................

Argento

Argento

stevet, I meant to ask earlier.

Did you see the ad on PistonHeads by any chance?

It seems they advertise there sometimes.

Argento

It's on Auto Trader and eBay.

Just had a look at the pics and it does look a nice car!

It doesn't have the latest stereo. You would have a DAB button at the bottom of the dash if it did, so iPod may not be integrated with the screen, just AUX. but you can get an aftermarket kit from the states that fixes that.

I would just try and chip a chunk off the price

I waited and kept going back every few weeks and managed to get a deal £5000 better than the deal originally offered.

Keep an eye on the Lexus Dealer network also and speak to your local dealer to see what they have available in their network.

Lexus Derby are pretty good and normally have one on site, speak to Stewart, I bought mine from him and he had 2x 2010 ones at the time. Lexus Reading always have a used one and Guildford normally too

Cheers

Glenn

Surely it will have a USB port in the armrest?

If there is....it's a doddle, I plug my iPod in here and everything is displayed on the screen. Artist, albums, playlists etc.

If there is....it's a doddle, I plug my iPod in here and everything is displayed on the screen. Artist, albums, playlists etc.

The pre 10 cars didn't come with it as standard, it was a dealer option I believe and an expensive one.

All the pre 10's I viewed didn't have it, one of the big reasons I went for a post 10 car

The pre 10 cars didn't come with it as standard, it was a dealer option I believe and an expensive one.

All the pre 10's I viewed didn't have it, one of the big reasons I went for a post 10 car

Aha, that explains it then. Cheers for the info.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links