Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlight Problem

Hi can any body just got a is200 the person before has put the headlights on a flick switch when looked into it the main headlight relay was missing got a new one at the cost of £69 from Lexus put it in sidelights and flasher work but no main headlights any one help please

Wow you paid £69.00 for the headlight relay,I've got a bucket full in my shed and would have given you one!

1st question is how good are you at car electrics? Reason I ask is that you will need to be able to diagnose the fault using a multimeter.

To confirm if you flick the switch fitted by the previous owner the headlights work but even with a new relay they don't on the original stalk switch?

This may help.

Lexus IS200 headlight relay.pdf

Lexus wanted £80 they gave me it trade not bad at electrics they work when u flick the switch he had connected the switch straight into we're the relay is with a fuse the sidelights work even without the relay in but u can't use the flasher when I put the relay in sidelights still worked and high beam worked but no headlights my front fogs don't work either I have checked all fuses to thanks

Also when I lock the car and put second lock on the indicators flash about four times is that normal

yes, the second press deactivates the interior motion sensor and you should get 4 or 5 flashes to confirm.

Also when I lock the car and put second lock on the indicators flash about four times is that normal

yes, the second press deactivates the interior motion sensor and you should get 4 or 5 flashes to confirm.

sorry for being a noob :doggy: but where do the motion sensor located? just curious as i left my window half down at work and the alarm didn't went off or it's a different type of sensor?

sorry for being a noob :doggy: but where do the motion sensor located? just curious as i left my window half down at work and the alarm didn't went off or it's a different type of sensor?

I believe it is a microwave detector rather than ultrasonic so it is a bit more resistant to being set off by leaving a window open but you were a bit lucky. It is located in the roof, near the interior light.

If you leave your windows open, set the alarm, wait a minute and then wave your hand inside you should get the alarm off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links