Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bought the IS250 couple months ago as I wanted something more comfortable and more or less modern car to drive. Full service history but needs a bit of TLC. I got it for a good price so I was happy anyway.

Coming from Honda scene, IS was a welcoming change.The only downside is that it doesn't have aftermarket support for performance tuning. Maybe in future they will make low comp pistons and crack the ECU so you could boost it properly. I guess for now there not much you can do but drive.

Wasnt really going to mod this but I think everyone says the same when they buy a new car.

Anyway I ll use this thread to track my progress and ask questions. Also sorry for Iphone pics, I need to purchase myself a camera in a future.

When I first bought the car.

IMG_0853_zps3d00e459-1_zpsaa24a935.jpg

IMG_1043_zps9c3e8154-1_zps6d47fe1d.jpg

Didnt really like how the accelerator felt so bought an Apexi throttle controller

IMG_0901_zpsc9e5e8a9.jpg

The Apexi button blends in nice with rest of the dashboard and has OEM feel to it. Very pleased with it altogether

Bought a grill but didn't like chrome surround then. So need to pick another one and paint it black to see whether it would look good. Very hard to come by on eBay unfortunately

IMG_0925_zps0231aad5-1_zpsc89a409e.jpg

I don't have much cash to spare so have to stick to more or less budget brands. So picked up a set BC coilovers. The car was too high and handled a little like a boat to be honest.

IMG_1031_zps6df05df8.jpg

Gutted the trunk for easier install

IMG_1083_zps18158774.jpg

this how she looked when coils were installed.

IMG_1088_zps169ae024.jpg

IMG_1089_zpsdca96f80.jpg

IMG_1086_zpse51650a4-1_zps51161c55.jpg

So obviously 17s went big or wide enough so I decided to get 18" xxr's since it pretty much the only wheels I could afford in size and offset that i want.

IMG_1116_zps7278b50e.jpg

IMG_1130_zps52c8fe35.jpg

IMG_1125_zps82a75589.jpg

Old the saying, you get what you pay for, still stands true. The finish on the wheels is not good quality, but i cant complain.

IMG_1122_zps5e8a8914.jpg

IMG_1179_zps45967a0b.jpg

IMG_1178_zps563eb2bd-1_zpse3f8ef22.jpg

IMG_1191_zpse5ab6609.jpg

IMG_1180_zps83c23446-1_zpsf0bd35f1.jpg

IMG_1192_zpse0ecc9c3.jpg

IMG_1145_zps71f7b46c.jpg

I raised the car a little bit since because I worn through the arch liners at the front and was sick of rubbing noise every time i hit a little bump or pot hole. Have SPC camber kit for front and back on the way so we ll get camber sorted and get proper alignment done soon.

Hopefully will sort the intake and exhaust by the summer then I ll be on the look out for black leather interior, maybe ill be lucky and find one in a scrap yard. I would also love a black headliner from and fsport.

Anyway, I ll be scanning the forum for some knowledge in the future.

Peace

I'm sorry, but if you are not going to look after your car properly, we will have to take it off you . . . . . . :megaangry:

Welcome to the site, of course.

The car gets more attention than it needs to be honest but thank you

Must say I like the wheel choice.

Car looks nice. eBay quite often had leather interiors for sale so just keep your eyes peeled.

Carl

Thanks , will keep an eye on eBay, but at the same time don't really want to pay mad money for "cosmetic" parts, I d prefer function>form but there is not much you can do with is250.

Ooooo I like it ;)

Cheers man

• Like 1

Thought about carbon wrapping the silver on your grille ?

I never liked carbon wrapping to be honest so not gonna even bother with it.

anybody know if that apexi smart acceleration controller would work on a 220d? :msn-oh:

I think it should work, as its plug and play, as long as the diesel version has the same throttle cables behind the pedal as a petrol one, which I would suspect they are. Maybe email them.

its only good for "sprinted drives" or a bit of messing around. The "eco" modes are a bit useless to be honest, and its pricey, I think it costed me over 250e.

Nice car.

I don't know if its deliberate but your tyres are too thin for the width of your alloys. They would probably look a lot better if they weren't so stretched.

you think it actually makes a difference on performance or not? ive heard that they dont actually change the drive much just how much you push the accelerator pedal

Nah, I never said it gives you performance gains... It does nothing in terms of performance. It intercepts the signal from the throttle pedal and feeds altered signal to ecu... It removes the lag between pressing the throttle and actually getting feedback...

you can rev match better for example... As I said its good for sprinted drives or if you want to lit up your tires if you into wasting rubber :megaangry: .

Hopefully i ll fit an LSD from is300 soon, to improve some handling... I read its pretty much a straight fit, because to be honest the car is pretty boring to drive so I am trying to sprinkle some excitement as otherwise its a great car.

Nice car.

I don't know if its deliberate but your tyres are too thin for the width of your alloys. They would probably look a lot better if they weren't so stretched.

Its a very mild stretch, the sidewall doesn't touch the ground at all. If proper size tires were fitted it would look horrible as the tires would come out to much and it wouldn't be "flush" enough with arches

appreciate the comment tho lads

• 2 weeks later...

what size tyres are you running on them? et 20 and et 35? do you get any rubbing on the arches with these wheels? as the backs are pretty pokey! just wondering as i love the wheels might have to get a set if their not too much of a headache to cope with! mine is lowered 35mm on springs

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links